PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10: Cannot boot live-CD on Laptop ASUS F5

roland_j
December 29th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Hi,

Ubuntu Live-CD doest not stat on my ASUS Laptop F5-Series (I386 architecture). It comes up, but the GUI flickers: screen goes black and then it tries to come up again and again.
What is wrong?

Regards
Roland

avtolle
December 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hi,

Ubuntu Live-CD doest not stat on my ASUS Laptop F5-Series (I386 architecture). It comes up, but the GUI flickers: screen goes black and then it tries to come up again and again.
What is wrong?

Regards
Roland
Best guess is a problem with your graphics card/chip. I don't have a Live CD handy, but IIRC, there is an option to select to boot in safe graphics mode which is accessed by pressing F4. Give that a try and report back.

roland_j
December 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Best guess is a problem with your graphics card/chip. I don't have a Live CD handy, but IIRC, there is an option to select to boot in safe graphics mode which is accessed by pressing F4. Give that a try and report back.

ok, thank you, but even in safe graphics mode is does not start correctly. I will try a different boot CD and an older ubuntu version. With 8.04 it worked fine.

Regards
Roland

roland_j
December 29th, 2009, 07:43 PM
As expected I can start with 8.04. So I wonder what happened to the 9.10 version that it "suddenly" does not like my laptop ...

Regards
Roland