PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Drivers for Intel D845GVAD2

mfainter
December 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 (newest version). I have an Intel D845GVAD2 all integrated MOBO. Ubuntu found all the drivers i needed except for the Video driver. My display is horribly large, and i'm having trouble finding a video driver for this board. I've got my board disc, but it's only got Windows drivers on it. Any ideas?

avtolle
December 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Take a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReinhardTartler/X/RevertingIntelDriverTo2.4 and see if this helps.

mfainter
December 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
i can't edit the /etc/apt/source.list file. I'm logged in as power user.

Mark Phelps
December 29th, 2009, 06:38 PM
When you open a terminal, look at the prompt character. If it's a "#", you're logged in as root; if it's a "$", you're logged in as a normal user.

To edit a file as root, enter "gksudo gedit <filename>", substituting the full name of the file for "<filename>".

avtolle
December 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM
When you open a terminal, look at the prompt character. If it's a "#", you're logged in as root; if it's a "$", you're logged in as a normal user.

To edit a file as root, enter "gksudo gedit <filename>", substituting the full name of the file for "<filename>".
To amplify, if needed, using your example mfainter:
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.listGood luck.

mfainter
December 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Ok, i went through the steps and restarted the system, but still no luck. I still only have 640X480 resolution setting. Sorry for the bash questions, i'm more used to using Fedora and the enable commands rather than sudo.