PDA

View Full Version : no sound in Cedega

urielka
February 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
i installed Ubuntu Hoary and update everything.
when i play games in Cedega(4.2.1) i go t no sound and checking the console output give me this:

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1172:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed: Device o r resource busy
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file o r directory

and then continue.

i have a O/B sound card in the southbrige VT8233A(via chipset) a P4 2.4GHZ and 512MB DDR RAM.

i got sound in all the apps(expect cedega).

plz help me

(sorry about my bad english)

mike998
February 2nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
I had this problem.
Try disabling the sound server on startup (found under Computer > Desktop Settings, I belive) and restarting your X session.

piedamaro
February 2nd, 2005, 05:33 PM
I had this problem.
Try disabling the sound server on startup (found under Computer > Desktop Settings, I belive) and restarting your X session.
Or enable software mixing to hear multiple sounds at once. There is an howto in the howto section.

urielka
February 2nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
thx i hope it will work ;)
UPDATE: i can`t find it on the howto section can you give me a link to the howto?
ok i found it :p

urielka
February 4th, 2005, 11:51 AM
it doesn`t work i got the same error!
but when i uncheck the "Enable sound server startup" it work

mike998
February 4th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Actually I am getting the same problem, hence the reason why I suggested disabling the sound server. That's what works for me. I also have some strange problems playing Star Trek : Elite Force where the cinematics and voiceovers will cut out and "stutter".

I have tried the multiple sound source how-to, but it hasn't worked. It's a low priority problem for me right now, but it would be nice to play some games while I have XMMS playing.

urielka
February 4th, 2005, 04:28 PM
just disable the sound startup and it will work and when you finish playing enbale it
that work for me

piedamaro
February 4th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I have it working WITH desktop sounds together. After configuring software mixing, I've configured cedega to use alsadrv and I've disabled nmap (always in ~/.transgaming/config). If you disable esd, firefox can't produce sound. Hope this helps.