PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install Evolution 2.28.2 tarball

coober85
December 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
hey I'm trying to upgrade from 2.28.1 to 2.28.2.

I've extracted all the tarball files to my desktop (these are separate folders):

evolution-2.28.2
evolution-exchange-2.28.2
gtkhtml-3.28.2
evolution-data-server-2.28.2
evolution-mapi-0.28.2

and I've tried to run the ./configure command in the first one but I get an error saying it doesn't have the correct tools to configure properly. some of these I can find (bison for example) but there are many that don't seem to be available in synaptic.

Do I need additional repositories or something? if so where do I get these?

What order do I install all of this stuff in? or does it not matter?

Linux Mint 8 (ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala)

Thanks

sisco311
December 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Try:

sudo apt-get build-dep evolution
It should install the needed dependencies.

gradinaruvasile
December 29th, 2009, 11:52 AM
hey I'm trying to upgrade from 2.28.1 to 2.28.2.

I've extracted all the tarball files to my desktop (these are separate folders):

evolution-2.28.2
evolution-exchange-2.28.2
gtkhtml-3.28.2
evolution-data-server-2.28.2
evolution-mapi-0.28.2

and I've tried to run the ./configure command in the first one but I get an error saying it doesn't have the correct tools to configure properly. some of these I can find (bison for example) but there are many that don't seem to be available in synaptic.

Do I need additional repositories or something? if so where do I get these?

What order do I install all of this stuff in? or does it not matter?

Linux Mint 8 (ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala)

Thanks

If you dont know how to install them, i suggest you do not do it. Installing from source will replace files that are in the installed packages and you might create install/uninstall/dependency problems in the future.
That can be really bad because evolution is a core gnome application with tons of dependencies. So, wait for the official release.