PDA

View Full Version : my morning so far

earthpigg
December 28th, 2009, 07:08 PM
went to make a bowl of cereal. discovered that it was cat food in the tupperware container next to the cereal, and not cocoa puffs.

attempt two resulted in the discovery that the milk had gone sour.

then my computer had a hard lock up. twice.

then i went to do some antisocial networking. farmville. i discovered that donkeys hatch from eggs.

anything odd or interesting happen to anyone else this morning?

AllRadioisDead
December 28th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I got an iphone. :)

PuddingKnife
December 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM
earthpig, I like you.

Well, at work when I hear "IT guy!" I know something is messed up. My co workers computer wont turn on. Actually, it turns on just fine but no output whatsoever and the fan is on jet engine mode. I hard reset. Monitor is black. Well, to look busy I dust it off because its pretty dirty, and I set it up on its side. Turn it back on.

Ding! Ive worked my IT magic yet again, the computer works just fine now. Time for lunch.

lotharmat
December 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM

Unlucky!

cascade9
December 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I got pulled over by the pigs on the way back from the corner store to get ciggies (well, technically it was morning, 2AM). Not that is unusual, but since I cut of the long hair I was hoping they would leave me alone these days.

AND it was raining, so they stayed in the car to ask the stupid quiestions (where are you going? whats your name? address? blah blah)

LowSky
December 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM

I guess they are still selling them there
You can't buy one in New York city, :lolflag:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches.aspx?post=1513549&_blg=1,1513549

AllRadioisDead
December 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I guess they are still selling them there
You can't buy one in New York city, :lolflag:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches.aspx?post=1513549&_blg=1,1513549
I'm with Rogers in Canada so we don't have that problem.

blueshiftoverwatch
December 28th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I got pulled over by the pigs on the way back from the corner store...so they stayed in the car to ask the stupid quiestions (where are you going? whats your name? address? blah blah)
I don't know about Australia, but in the US I don't think you technically have to answer those questions. Of course, that doesn't mean they can't decide to give you a really hard time for failure to comply with their "voluntary" questioning.

Keyper7
December 28th, 2009, 10:37 PM

See, earthpigg? It could be worse.

cascade9
December 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I don't know about Australia, but in the US I don't think you technically have to answer those questions. Of course, that doesn't mean they can't decide to give you a really hard time for failure to comply with their "voluntary" questioning.

In the US, nope you dont. Australia has no 'right to silence' as far as I know.

Even if it did, it wouldnt be worth the hassle. I already got grief form cops when I'm in a nasty mood, they pull me over and I just say my name and address and finish we 'we done? if your not going to arrest me we are. bye.' Not that I've ever been arrested....yet anyway.

lisati
December 29th, 2009, 05:02 AM
anything odd or interesting happen to anyone else this morning?

I'm in a good mood. I somehow managed to set up a basic web & file server using Ubuntu 6.06 on an ancient machine that's getting tired. Now to figure out how to update it to a newer version of Ubuntu - so far the 6.06 install CDs are the only ones I've managed to get to install anything on said machine without getting stuck!

RiceMonster
December 29th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I woke up to a text message from my cellphone provider saying they had changed my plan from a monthly plan to 30 cents a minute. Wtf? Luckily I fixed it. Still annoying.