PDA

View Full Version : Truly, are we really as simple as all that?

handy
December 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Who lusts after the adventures of the Amazon? (what's left of it)

Or what about the Andes, high hills, with the most wondrous culture surrounding & abounding them.

There is of course the Africa, oh my god fancy finding yourself in a situation where you actually got to thoroughly enjoy an African person & their local cultures company! (Oh I wish it was me)

Then, there are some, albeit they are a rough bunch of fellows, as I know from experience; rough don't cut it, this bunch of hard bastards are of the hard type of fellow who happen to happily live where the temperature reaches 55C degrees in the shade.

Is that mad or what? These people mostly work for the oil/gas & somewhat less these days the cattle companies.

Keyper7
December 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
oh my god fancy finding yourself in a situation where you actually got to thoroughly enjoy an African person

Must... resist... urge... to... make... dirty... comment...

steveneddy
December 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
...... enjoy an African person & there local cultures company!

their

Any why shouldn't it be you? And where do you live that you can't find an adventure there?

Is it the excitement of getting away to a far away country? Or just simply having a wonderful adventure somewhere outside of your home?

My entire life is an adventure. I don't sit still long enough for life to get boring or stale. I am a self made man that does anything I want to when I want to.

I travel for a living and I do that because I need to get out and see the outdoors, the countryside, the flowing grasses of the plains and the purple mountains majesty!

You don't have to go very far in your own country to have an adventure. Sometimes the people in the next town are different enough to consider them from another country.

steveneddy
December 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Must... resist... urge... to... make... dirty... comment...

I wasn't thinking of that until you mentioned it, now i can't stop thinking about it that way.

Why did you get into my brain that way? Why, Keyper7, did you have to go there?

nmccrina
December 28th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry if I'm being dense, are you saying it's sad that the only people with a sense of adventure anymore are working for the oil and cattle companies?

I think it's always been similar; most of the explorers who discovered America and circumnavigated the globe were working for the East India Company or whatever the Spanish equivalent was called.

I guess money is usually a good motivator! :P

nmccrina
December 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I wasn't thinking of that until you mentioned it, now i can't stop thinking about it that way.

I also read it the Keyper7 way the first time. :(

megamania
December 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM
their

In the last two messages I read from you, you corrected grammar errors.

I don't think people here are looking for a grammar teacher, to be honest.

Keyper7
December 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Hey, I managed to resist the urge to say it. I did my part.

Resisting the urge to think about it is your responsibility.

handy
December 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
their

I corrected it before I read your post. Are you a school teacher? Or just a spelling nazi! ;)

Any why shouldn't it be you? And where do you live that you can't find an adventure there?

I live in Oz, & I have found many adventures here; that bit about those living in the 55 degrees centigrade in the shade, was from one of my trips into the remote desert in central Australia.

I am finding that I have a desire to experience very different cultures than the variety (& there certainly is a variety here in Oz) in my own country.

Is it the excitement of getting away to a far away country? Or just simply having a wonderful adventure somewhere outside of your home?

See above?

You don't have to go very far in your own country to have an adventure. Sometimes the people in the next town are different enough to consider them from another country.

I agree.

Though as I've mentioned, I'm looking for extremely different cultures. :)

judge jankum
December 29th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I prospect and pan for gold, I've faced more rattle snakes than you can count,fought a bobcat by hand once and won...It is really there at your finger tips..