PDA

View Full Version : If you thought Ubuntu 9.10 was bad...

3rdalbum
December 28th, 2009, 07:24 AM
...you should try the Ubuntu pens from the Ubuntu store.

I bought five and the little plastic clicky mechanism keeps breaking. Each one only lasted about a week.

A bit of a disappointment. I can't say they broke the bank, though. (even though I bought them before the price drop, grr). Everything else I bought is still going strong.

iponeverything
December 28th, 2009, 07:36 AM

Network-Manager is easy get back. If you just removed it from notification area on status bar, just remove and re-add the notification area from the status bar. (Right click and use the "- Remove from Panel" and "+ ADD")

As for not uninstalling Python, I would hope that the person doing it would notice and read all of the broken dependencies that that package manager will inform you of, before allowing you to remove the package!

Psumi
December 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Network-Manager is easy get back. If you just removed it from notification area on status bar, just remove and re-add the notification area from the status bar. (Right click and use the "- Remove from Panel" and "+ ADD")

Since i installed gnome-core (which doesn't have nm-applet, but has networkmanager) I have experience with this. NM-Applet will not manage your network connection.

As for the OP issue, I wouldn't buy them, I have my own 2 GB Pen Drive.

phrostbyte
December 28th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Can't say I find Ubuntu 9.10 bad, so your premise is wrong. :)

If you want really good pens you should check out what the pharmaceutical companies hand out. I have a ****** pen that hasn't failed me yet. :)

judge jankum
December 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
My luck I'd get an EX-LAX pen :(

3rdalbum
December 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM

As for not uninstalling Python, I would hope that the person doing it would notice and read all of the broken dependencies that that package manager will inform you of, before allowing you to remove the package!

If you want to comment on my signature, please message me instead of bringing the thread off-topic. Also, it seems that people aren't reading the broken dependencies message; maybe they'll read my signature instead.

As for the OP issue, I wouldn't buy them, I have my own 2 GB Pen Drive.

lol, I'm not talking about pen drives, I'm talking about pens! You know, the things you write with! Or in my case, attempt to write with, until the plastic mechanism breaks and the tip doesn't stay out.

Can't say I find Ubuntu 9.10 bad, so your premise is wrong.

I like 9.10 too. Maybe if I hated 9.10, the pens would last longer.

I have a ****** pen that hasn't failed me yet.

I'm surprised the forum's anti-spam filter didn't delete your message for mentioning Pfizer's product :-)