PDA

View Full Version : joining project

mch0lic
December 28th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Hi :)

Recently I have tons of time and nothing todo, so, I'm wondering if it's possible to join any of linux development project.

I have quite a lot experience and I mention before time but I don't have a clue where to start. Launchpad looks like nice place to find a project but how to begin contributing? I read stuff there but I still don't have a clue.

Is there is some kind of crash course or smth!?

Mindo

Ben Wright
December 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I was just going through this process today. Sign up for an account at www.launchpad.net and follow the instructions to create an opengpg key. Use this to sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. From here you can join a whole range of open source projects as well as create your own these vary from intensely community driven initiatives to simply coding. It will take a couple hours to get used to but after that you should have access to a wide range of projects you can get into. Also it is a good idea to read the project you want to join's wiki page and possibly jumping onto their IRC channel if they have one to get some additional help getting started. Thanks.