PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Caps Lock indicator for Logitech MX300 keyboard

jimw
December 28th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I'm running Karmic, and for Christmas just got a new Keyboard and Mouse, the Logitech MX300.

Suddenly noticed that there's no caps-lock light. Digging through the Manual, I find that this feature is software-driven, and the software is only supplied for the Mac and for Windows.

I have no intention of going back to Windows. What do Ubuntu users do? Run by guess?

If anyone could offer any help, I'd be grateful.

JimW

Raval
February 18th, 2010, 02:37 AM
The caps lock and number lock are on the receiver that connects to the PC. I figure its there to save on battery power.

I have a MX110 and thats where it's located.

Raval
February 18th, 2010, 02:49 AM
I'm running Karmic, and for Christmas just got a new Keyboard and Mouse, the Logitech MX300.

Suddenly noticed that there's no caps-lock light. Digging through the Manual, I find that this feature is software-driven, and the software is only supplied for the Mac and for Windows.

I have no intention of going back to Windows. What do Ubuntu users do? Run by guess?

JimW

I'm thinking about buying this combo to work with 9.04. how good is it?

warp99
February 18th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Install Keytouch which will allow you to use the extra keys on your keyboard. It's available in the Ubuntu repository. It works very well with the Logictech keyboards I've used including the one I'm using right now. :D

jimw
February 19th, 2010, 07:40 AM

JimW

If one clicks the mouse on an empty space on the panel, then clicks on "Add to Panel" there's a drop-down menu of various things one can add, including a caps-lock indicator.

JimW

jimw
February 19th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'm thinking about buying this combo to work with 9.04. how good is it?

I find it works really well. For one thing, the keyboard has a very light touch, so I don't have to pound the keys to make sure the signal gets across.

JiimW