PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] creating a usb install

DarinB
December 27th, 2009, 06:59 PM
i am trying to create a usb install, for a friend's pc
i tried uNetbootin but the custom iso i made via remastersys didn't work i just tried the USB start up disk creator in administration, but am not sure???will it work on someone else's pc. Any easy ways to do this task?

cybrsaylr
December 27th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I had no problem creating a usb install with USB Startup Disk Creator in administration.
It worked fine, took less than 10 minutes and works fine when testing it on a couple other PCs.

taurus
December 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
It would work on any pc that is able to boot from USB port. I burnt one with my computer in the office and was able to boot (or run from it) with another computer in the office and one at home.

DarinB
December 27th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I am curious i have a friends pc that has some problems with her cd and dvd i get the dvd to be recognized in the bios to boot from it even though it is seen in the windows partion and ubuntu partion. not sure what is going on there but i was thinking of reinstalling ubuntu from the usb, how do i get her px to boot from the usb, it is not an option in her bios and she is already at the latest version A05 for her dell 2400.
beginning to think she should just get a new pc. And add ubuntu there.