PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to upgrade from ubuntu 9.0.4 to 9.10

elaine81
December 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Hi all ,

i am trying as abv . At first , i try to burn the 9.10 iso image to a blank cdr , that was the only cdr i hv with me. But i accidently ejected the cd drive when the cd was still burning , so it was only half way burned , i tried to use this boot-up disk , but was prompted by a I/O error , which i supposed is becos burning was not completed. Next i attempted to create a usb start -up disk with my Samsung U5 mp3 player , i hv deleted all the files in the mp3 player before i continue , but was prompted by a "error installing the bootloader" error.I am really very anxious to try ubuntu 9.10 , so anxious that i can't even wait till tml to get another blank cdr , anyone can help me pls...Thanks!!

raymondh
December 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Hi all ,

i am trying as abv . At first , i try to burn the 9.10 iso image to a blank cdr , that was the only cdr i hv with me. But i accidently ejected the cd drive when the cd was still burning , so it was only half way burned , i tried to use this boot-up disk , but was prompted by a I/O error , which i supposed is becos burning was not completed. Next i attempted to create a usb start -up disk with my Samsung U5 mp3 player , i hv deleted all the files in the mp3 player before i continue , but was prompted by a "error installing the bootloader" error.I am really very anxious to try ubuntu 9.10 , so anxious that i can't even wait till tml to get another blank cdr , anyone can help me pls...Thanks!!

You could try a network installation

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

Make sure you have a working/tested back-up of your files.

Regards,

elaine81
December 28th, 2009, 02:53 AM
[quote=raymondh;8567048]You could try a network installation

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation

Make sure you have a working/tested back-up of your files.
:):)

Thanks for ur help!!! but then i found a blank cdr in my bro house yesterday & hv already installed ubuntu 9.10 , using it nw to surf net , Thanks !! But thru ur advise i hv learned new thngs again!!