PDA

View Full Version : android media player idea

Dayofswords
December 27th, 2009, 01:52 AM
ipod touch has the main grasp on touch media players, not alot of good options out there

i had an idea that some company could fiddle with android to make it a media player and apps platform. you know, strip it of its phone things and put it on a touch screen device with wifi, audio jack and maybe sd mini slot?

i cant see this costing more than the current ipod touchs to develop

plus probably costing less to buy for the consumer

what do you think of the concept?

3rdalbum
December 27th, 2009, 02:25 AM
ipod touch has the main grasp on touch media players, not alot of good options out there

i had an idea that some company could fiddle with android to make it a media player and apps platform. you know, strip it of its phone things and put it on a touch screen device with wifi, audio jack and maybe sd mini slot?

i cant see this costing more than the current ipod touchs to develop

plus probably costing less to buy for the consumer

what do you think of the concept?

Good idea. It's already been done by Archos.

Sony are looking at doing it too.

gnomeuser
December 27th, 2009, 02:56 AM
It's a good idea, however I wouldn't buy it since I have an Android phone and I don't like carrying around another gadget to do the same thing.

I think Android might also have future as a frontend for settop boxes and home entertainment systems. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future.

Cam42
December 27th, 2009, 02:56 AM
I think this is the one reason that Android hasn't gotten the market share that iPhoneOS has. No iPod touch-like device.

Lightstar
December 27th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Creative Labs are also doing it, to replace or add to their creative zen kind of things.

I will buy it when it comes out, the code name for the developper platform is the Zii Egg, it will change name for the consumer market.

I didn't know archos already went into android, I'll check it out.

-------------------------

I had an ipod once... trashed it when I got a meizu (it was a meizu m6, when I got it, it totally won over ipod in every way)

I'm never going with apple ipod again.
lack of plug-and-play device, can't use it to transfer files (at least.. by default)
lack of compatibility
I hate itunes.

my meizu plays .ape .flac .wma .mp3 .ogg .avi (xvid) .wav, +voice recorder E-book, Clock, Calculator, Calendar, Games
keep in mind this was when there was only the ipod classic out.

Now that the ipod touch is out, a new meizu is also out, but if i can go with a linux device like android, i think I would. I'm looking to upgrade in the near future.