PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Banshee - transcoding ID3 tags for devices

cam_tram
December 27th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Hey,

I'm happily using Banshee to sync my MP3 player and automatically transcode the files. The only problem is that Banshee apparently creates ID3v2.4 tags, but my player (Sony s series Walkman) only reads ID3v2.3.

Is there any way to make Banshee write v2.3 tags instead when transcoding files?

Thanks,
Cam

Duncan J Murray
December 29th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I'm also keen on knowing the anwser to this.

My problem is my father uses a sony mp3 walkman (a couple years old) which only recognises ID3v2.3. He is currently using rhythmbox to rip his CD's. When you transfer to the device, the music comes up under unknown artists on the device.

I've seen some ways of manually converting ID3v2.4 -> ID3v2.3 on the internet, using various programs, but this will be beyong my dad's abilities (given that explaining how to copy files from a camera onto a new folder on his laptop took a while!).

What I need is some way of changing the ?gstreamer settings to output in ID3v2.3. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Duncan.

odysseusjak
December 29th, 2009, 09:35 PM
There are some great tools in the Software Center. One that I use is MP3 Diags. It automatically converts for you.