PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Choppy Flash

Holograph
December 26th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Hello all!

Windows crashed for the 3th time this week, so I decided to install Ubuntu, after that I patched it to Kubuntu. I also installed Adobe Flash 10 (what wasn't very easy) but after 30 minutes the install had succeed. So the first thing I did was going to youtube to test if I was still able to watch HD movies properly (I was able to do that on Windows). But it was awfull (in fullscreen), the frames were choppy, but when I went back in 'minimized' youtube I was able to see it without lagg. So I went searching, but I didn't make it. It was still choppy as hell. So now I am here: how can I 'repair' the choppy flash files? I'm using Ubuntu x64

System specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.1 GHz (6MB L2)
ATI Radeon HD4670
4GB Ram

I hope anyone can help me out :)

Regards,

HappyFeet
December 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
First, uninstall the flash you have. Then do:

sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get autoremove
Then get the 64bit flash (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.42.34.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz) file.

Right click it and extract here. You will be left with libflashplayer.so file. Put the libflashplayer.so file in your home folder.

Then do:
sudo cp /home/your_user_name/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins

Make sure to put your name where I wrote your_user_name.

Restart firefox if open.

You see, you were using the 32bit flash file which does not always work well in 64bit ubuntu.