PDA

View Full Version : Help, please

Cecil
February 2nd, 2005, 08:06 AM
OK, I'm trying to get the emulator zsnes to work. I compiled the sources just fine, but when I double-click on the binary, nothing happens. When I try running it from the command line, I get the error "Could not set 512x448 video mode: No available video device" I think this means there's something I have to install, but I don't know what. Here's my computer specs, in case you need them.

Intel Celeron 1.3GHz
512MB PC133 SDRAM
ASUS ATI Radeon 7000 64MB DDR

I tried installing the ATI drivers before, but that caused Xfree to refuse to start. I ended-up re-installing Linux.

dhonn
February 2nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Most computers don't support that native videomode. especially if you have an LCD. Run the zsnes command in the terminal but add the line --help so you can get someoptions to change to video mode. a nice standard mode would be 640x480. I think it should work from their. Also try looking for a gui companion to zsnes.

Cecil
February 3rd, 2005, 03:13 AM
OK, I managed to find the configuration files for zsnes. No matter what resolution I try to have zsnes start in, I get an error message (if I'm using the command line). If it's any openGl mode, say 640x480 ogl, I get the message, Cannot set 640x480-GL video mode. And it doesn't matter what resolution. If it's not an openGl mode, I get the same message from my first post, regardless of resolution.

valadil
February 3rd, 2005, 03:21 AM
Try telling it to run in a window instead of full screen.

Conversely you could try adding whatever resolution zsnes wants to your x11 config file.

Cecil
February 3rd, 2005, 03:25 AM
Try telling it to run in a window instead of full screen.

Conversely you could try adding whatever resolution zsnes wants to your x11 config file.I've tried both windowed and full screen modes. And, could you tell me how to edit the x11 config file?

Edit: I'm wondering, is there a version of the fglrx driver for a RADEON 7000 that I need to install? I have the RADEON 7000 driver installed already, but I don't have the fglrx driver installed.