PDA

View Full Version : How to thanks ubuntu after recieving free shiped cds

shahzadah
December 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hi. i requested 25 free ubuntu 9.10 cds 2 weeks ago on ubuntu.shipit.com.. i received them last day.. now i want to say thanks to ubuntu and canonical but don't know how. please tell me as i really wanna appreciate their such generosity.

Barriehie
December 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Hi. i requested 25 free ubuntu 9.10 cds 2 weeks ago on ubuntu.shipit.com.. i received them last day.. now i want to say thanks to ubuntu and canonical but don't know how. please tell me as i really wanna appreciate their such generosity.

Send them a pound of really good coffee beans :) Sumatra is pretty good.

Barrie

cascade9
December 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Several options (and this is all I can think of offhand, there has got to be more options I haven't thought of)-

1- Give them a donation. They always like some cash.

2- Spread ubuntu to as many people as you can. The bigger the usebse, the better off canonical will be.

3- Write a nice blog post about how happy you are.

4- Write a nice post in 'Ubuntu Testimonials & Experiences'

overdrank
December 26th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Moved to The Community Cafe

User3k
December 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Or you could simply say thank you in large fonts and bright colors ;)

Edit: Which reminds me...

Thank You Ubuntu and Xubuntu

dragos240
December 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM
They are pretty awesome aren't they. Yeah, give them a donation or something. Help support ubuntu. :popcorn:

Hallvor
December 26th, 2009, 07:37 PM

Canonical is a commercial company so they`ll probably appreciate your money.

ugm6hr
December 26th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Canonical is a commercial company so they`ll probably appreciate your money.

They also make money from the Ubuntu merchandise (from Ubuntu shop) in UK / USA.

shahzadah
December 27th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks to all i really appreciate your suggestions...thank you so much

pwnst*r
December 27th, 2009, 03:18 PM
donate money.

samh785
December 27th, 2009, 03:37 PM
bug reports