PDA

View Full Version : Sequel to the movie "2012"

earthpigg
December 26th, 2009, 09:00 AM
2012 was a mediocre movie, but i'd love to see a part 2 if they made it. call it "2020" or "2013" or something.

-they land in south africa or wherever.

-the three ships become used only as nuclear reactors, and the guys and gals trying to just hang out in the ship with the air conditioning... get kicked out and told to learn2farm.

-the chinese workers that no one wanted to let on end up being the ones to save the day, because they are the only ones that know how to farm (not just the knowledge, but the applied work ethic) and get 'basic' stuff done.

-wealth becomes concentrated into the hands of the chinese workers because:
--they know how to provide the needed services... it's great that so-and-so ran a pharmaceutical company, but this gal here has herself turned plants into medicine because her 'crazy' grandmother made her learn. this other guy can tell edible mushrooms from deadly ones. what value does Fred's stock in a restaurant chain have compared to that?
--no one cares about the billions of dollars in someones former bank account

-i saw a lot of heads of state and politicians, etc, on those ships - and apparently they where running the show.... a lot of western heads of state. power struggle. any democratic election brings out concerns that the chinese forming the largest voting block have all been raised to believe in the tenants of Red China.

user1397
December 26th, 2009, 09:11 AM
2012 was a mediocre movie, but i'd love to see a part 2 if they made it. call it "2020" or "2013" or something.

-they land in south africa or wherever.

-the three ships become used only as nuclear reactors, and the guys and gals trying to just hang out in the ship with the air conditioning... get kicked out and told to learn2farm.

-the chinese workers that no one wanted to let on end up being the ones to save the day, because they are the only ones that know how to farm (not just the knowledge, but the applied work ethic) and get 'basic' stuff done.

-wealth becomes concentrated into the hands of the chinese workers because:
--they know how to provide the needed services... it's great that so-and-so ran a pharmaceutical company, but this gal here has herself turned plants into medicine because her 'crazy' grandmother made her learn. this other guy can tell edible mushrooms from deadly ones. what value does Fred's stock in a restaurant chain have compared to that?
--no one cares about the billions of dollars in someones former bank account

-i saw a lot of heads of state and politicians, etc, on those ships - and apparently they where running the show.... a lot of western heads of state. power struggle. any democratic election brings out concerns that the chinese forming the largest voting block have all been raised to believe in the tenants of Red China.heh, although that would be quite interesting, I don't think they've got the balls to make a plot like that...even though they did make a lot of money on the first one so idk we'll see

Swagman
December 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I've often mulled over whether something like that has already happened and we're turning full circle.

Think about it. As you already stated, The overwhelming priority would be FOOD and its production.

No need for computers except for History ( A record of everything that used to be). they can't manufacture any new hi-tech stuff because it's all smashed. And how long before the hard drives fail on the machines that survived (Meaning the Archives are lost forever) ?

Pretty soon you'd want to start writing stuff down on a real medium.

So... Schooling becomes an irrelevance for the majority, Well at least for a few decades/generations.

I think a movie (could be turned into a soap) of .. Life in the aftermath would be pretty "Thought provoking".

like a snake shedding its skin, the irrelevant things in our lifestyles would be discarded. And that's just about everything we currently own and do.

alphaniner
December 26th, 2009, 12:18 PM
the irrelevant things in our lifestyles would be discarded. And that's just about everything we currently own and do.

Irrelevant to what? Bare survival? Sure. Beyond that, speak for yourself. Perhaps many have mixed up priorities, but it's damn arrogant to say that most people spend their lives pursuing and participating in irrelevance.

SuperSonic4
December 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Irrelevant to what? Bare survival? Sure. Beyond that, speak for yourself. Perhaps many have mixed up priorities, but it's damn arrogant to say that most people spend their lives pursuing and participating in irrelevance.

*deleted as it would cause the thread to be closed and I'd likely get a hefty infraction - let's just say it's the forbidden topic that is not politics*

It would be ironic if there was a sequel given the world would end in 2012 :P

alphaniner
December 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
*deleted as it would cause the thread to be closed and I'd likely get a hefty infraction - let's just say it's the forbidden topic that is not politics*

Feel free to PM it to me if you want. I don't bruise easily.

koleoptero
December 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM
It's a nice idea, but it would be nicer if it was 2212 and we see the struggle between humans and some new intelligent species that thrived after the destruction of our world. Much more appealing and able to incorporate more special effects and destruction.

pricetech
December 26th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I haven't seen 2012 and don't plan to but;

How about a movie depicting the talking heads in the media, politics, etc looking for someone to blame for the panic that ensued for nothing.

Like they did after Y2k, remember ??

PartisanEntity
December 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
This is Hollywood, interesting plot lines don't exist, so part would be:

An evil genius is hiding on one of the ships, using good looks and a pencil sharpener he takes over control of one of the arcs and turns it into a nuclear bomb and threatens to blow up the last remaining habitable island if everyone else doesn't give him all available cigarette packs and chocolate milk cartons.

The main protagonist ends up battling through the worlds oceans, defeating some newly found monstrous animals, a meteor shower and bad case of lactose intolerance to finally beat the vil genius at a game of chess.

He ends up getting the girl, again, and lives happily ever after.

PartisanEntity
December 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
This is Hollywood, interesting plot lines don't exist, so part would be:

An evil genius is hiding on one of the ships, using good looks and a pencil sharpener he takes over control of one of the arcs and turns it into a nuclear bomb and threatens to blow up the last remaining habitable island if everyone else doesn't give him all available cigarette packs and chocolate milk cartons.

The main protagonist ends up battling through the worlds oceans, defeating some newly found monstrous animals, a meteor shower and bad case of lactose intolerance to finally beat the vil genius at a game of chess.

He ends up getting the girl, again, and lives happily ever after.

juancarlospaco
December 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM
2038----->Unix Bug: Linux, BSD and MacOSX dead.

koleoptero
December 26th, 2009, 07:09 PM
2038----->Unix Bug: Linux, BSD and MacOSX dead.

That'd be a nice horror movie.

earthpigg
December 26th, 2009, 10:38 PM
i'm surprised no one challenged my assumption that the three ships where nuclear powered :D

anyways,

like a snake shedding its skin, the irrelevant things in our lifestyles would be discarded. And that's just about everything we currently own and do.

i don't know about that. i suspect that as soon as the first newborn child was 10 and couldn't read, people would have a bit of a panic attack and the parents would start willingly working an additional few hours in the fields per day in exchange for their children being allowed to attend school.

i think reading would have a bit of a revival. there are bound to have been books brought on the arks, which will now be valuable and sought after.