PDA

View Full Version : What Programming Language To Use For Editing Music Tags?

StunnerAlpha
December 26th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Ey fellas, I was wondering what programming language is best suited(has the most libraries) for editing music tag information within music files. I prefer to use Python, but wouldn't mind learning/using another language if it has better tag-editing libraries. I will primarily be needing to edit mp3 tag files(id3 I believe), but would like to make my program be able to edit any type of tag currently in existence. Thanks!

doas777
December 26th, 2009, 06:07 AM
well, no langague would have the libraries for that specific a task in their runtime itself, but I'd be suprised if there wern't 3rd party libraries you can import, in most lanagues. I'd stick with python personally. or mabey c#

jlimon
December 26th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Python should have adequate libid3 bindings.

A quick google brings this up: http://code.google.com/p/mutagen/

StunnerAlpha
December 26th, 2009, 06:32 AM
well, no langague would have the libraries for that specific a task in their runtime itself, but I'd be suprised if there wern't 3rd party libraries you can import, in most lanagues. I'd stick with python personally. or mabey c#

Thanks for replying so fast. Yeah I meant third party libraries, cool.

StunnerAlpha
December 26th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Python should have adequate libid3 bindings.

A quick google brings this up: http://code.google.com/p/mutagen/

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

dhillonv10
December 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I am currently writing documentation for Amarok (the music player in Kubuntu) and it offers a language build-in for tagging music and editing it as well. Have a look at that :guitar:

StunnerAlpha
December 27th, 2009, 02:34 AM
I am currently writing documentation for Amarok (the music player in Kubuntu) and it offers a language build-in for tagging music and editing it as well. Have a look at that :guitar:

Aright, thanks for the suggestion, you happen to have any links to it? I'll still try a google search though.