PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Brasero does not burn DVD's...

jimbojones666
December 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I used Avidemux to convert an AVI to MPEG, and now I'm trying to burn it as a DVD with Brasero... does not work. One of the reasons why I switched from XP to Ubuntu was because of the headache I got from trying to do it there. So, now I'm on Ubuntu and I'm struggling just as before. I assume it's a quick fix, so inform me on a quick and easy solution. Thank you.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and the error message was: it is not possible to write with the current set of plugins

By the way, I'm not a nerd at Ubuntu, so I don't understand all your special words. I need a great, simple guide.

Oh, yeah; Merry Christmas too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxRamLqYba4#t=0m29s

HappyFeet
December 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Try Devede.

bpont
December 27th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Brasero is unreliable.

Linux requires a certain amount of patience for a n00b...even experienced users need to google and learn some new tricks from time to time. There's a learning curve involved. If you want 'quick and easy', Ubuntu might not be right for you. Sometimes it is quick and easy, sometimes it's not.

Having said that, other burner apps you can try are Gnomebaker and K3b.

Devede is very good, but it's meant to be a DVD authoring tool, and it sounds like you just want to burn an mpeg to disc. Try one of the aforementioned apps.

Also, avi isn't a codec, it's a container format...it will eventually be replaced by mkv, a better (and open) container format.

Learn about mencoder while you're at it.

Good luck!

jimbojones666
December 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Brasero is unreliable.

Linux requires a certain amount of patience for a n00b...even experienced users need to google and learn some new tricks from time to time. There's a learning curve involved. If you want 'quick and easy', Ubuntu might not be right for you. Sometimes it is quick and easy, sometimes it's not.

Having said that, other burner apps you can try are Gnomebaker and K3b.

Devede is very good, but it's meant to be a DVD authoring tool, and it sounds like you just want to burn an mpeg to disc. Try one of the aforementioned apps.

Also, avi isn't a codec, it's a container format...it will eventually be replaced by mkv, a better (and open) container format.

Learn about mencoder while you're at it.

Good luck!Oh, wow. That's awesome.

It's so pointless to have all these different formats. Just make one format that's open source for everyone, and make it really efficient! Awesome compression for easy sending over the net, too.

Devede worked, btw. Really slow at converting, though. I got the multicore's going, but still :scared: