PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GRUB Problem

samiics
December 25th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Hi All,

I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 after 2 years of installing Windows Vista (I'm planning to remove Windows later). After installation is finished and system rebooted, the system displays :

GRUB

You may notice that I followed advanced installation method (in order not to lose some important data on Windows).

Can you help me please because currently I can't use my computer at all (neither Windows nor Linux) !

Thanks in advance.

raymondh
December 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hi All,

I've installed Ubuntu 9.10 after 2 years of installing Windows Vista (I'm planning to remove Windows later). After installation is finished and system rebooted, the system displays :

GRUB

You may notice that I followed advanced installation method (in order not to lose some important data on Windows).

Can you help me please because currently I can't use my computer at all (neither Windows nor Linux) !

Thanks in advance.

Guidance from DRS305.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1195275&highlight=drs305

try to update or, if that does not work, re-install GRUB2.

Regards,

samiics
December 25th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Guidance from DRS305.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1195275&highlight=drs305

try to update or, if that does not work, re-install GRUB2.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply.

My system does NOT work at all ! It just displays :

GRUB

raymondh
December 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for your reply.

My system does NOT work at all ! It just displays :

GRUB

From the link provided, see items:

16 - to restore/update GRUB2
15 - booting in rescue mode
13 - re-install GRUB2

You can use the liveCD to update/restore/re-install GRUB2. Try to update GRUB2. If that does not work, try to re-install GRUB2.

Regards,

darkod
December 26th, 2009, 01:16 AM

We need more specific info what advanced installation method are you referring to. Manually creating partitions? Something else?

Explain what you did and maybe you did something wrong.