PDA

View Full Version : Who's The Best Batman? Now With Added Poll

Mark76
December 25th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I'm saving Thingy the trouble

vishzilla
December 25th, 2009, 05:06 PM
its difficult to compare comic and film. but i liked kevin conroy's voice in batman the animated series. as far as the film goes its christian bale

pwnst*r
December 25th, 2009, 05:13 PM
film - Christian Bale. absolutely no comparison.

Chimmer
December 25th, 2009, 05:25 PM
George Clooney should be removed from the list...he was THAT BAD.

Christian Bale's awful whispering voice of the character ruins it for me.

kostkon
December 25th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Definitely, Michael Keaton. Second to none...

nrs
December 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Ì`ve never actually cared about Batman himself, it was the villains around him that made things interesting. So, Mark Hamill`s Joker ftw.

Mark76
December 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Clooney stays :p

Incidentally, I voted for KC.

Chimmer
December 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I voted for Adam West...just because he WAS Batman during my childhood...but the movie version, I'd have to go with Michael Keaton.

gnomeuser
December 25th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Christian Bale was terrific in Batman Begins but in The Dark Knight he turned into a growling somewhat delusional megalomaniac and the acting performance was surpassed, by light years, by Heath Ledger's Joker.

I like the rebooted Batman movie franchise as it is has far more serious characters and story lines, more believable and the villains.. oh the wonderful villains (with the exception of Two-face.. dear Darwin I hated him). In the previous movies the villains all felt like pointless caricatures without motivation, you didn't care if Batman offed them, they were nothing but overacted buffoons with gigantic kill me signs painted on their backs.

Chimmer
December 25th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Christian Bale was terrific in Batman Begins but in The Dark Knight he turned into a growling somewhat delusional megalomaniac

Sort of what he's like in real life. :)

Jonwenger
December 25th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Christian Bale was terrific in Batman Begins but in The Dark Knight he turned into a growling somewhat delusional megalomaniac and the acting performance was surpassed, by light years, by Heath Ledger's Joker. I have to agree. Heath Ledger's shadow was too big for Christian Bale.

chucky chuckaluck
December 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM
adam west, ftw.

robin: gosh, batman, we could've been killed!

batman: or worse, robin...

Keyper7
December 25th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hard to tell. From the first generation of movies, Keaton was the best but none of the three stood out. Clooney was a waste, because he does have the charm and the appearance, but ultimately the script killed the opportunity.

Bale, but like many people in this thread pointed out, overacts when he talks like Batman. On that regard (different voices for Batman and Bruce Wayne), Kevin Conroy is the unsurpassed master (the final scene of the Grey Ghost episode is awesome). I also think Bale looks too young and too skinny, though the first point can be forgiven since the reboot pictures Batman in the early days.

Bale has one very strong point, though: voice aside, he is in my opinion the actor who best succeeded in showing a very playboyish Bruce Wayne vs. a very serious Batman in a manner that can truly make Gothamites think "this douchebag weakling can't possibly be Batman" whenever Wayne talks.

cascade9
December 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM
*blinks* People actually like keaton as batman? OK, whatever floats your boat. ;)

Persoanlly, I dislike the 'friendly' batmans in general. I like the character concept, but I've just never seen a film version that did it for me (closest was bale in 'begins'). The only batman I've ever liked was 'batman- year one' (comic) That is very gritty.