PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Urgent please!!!

jurjel
December 25th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I was upgrading ubuntu and the computer run out of battery, whenever I got to turn the computer back on I got the following message:

init : mountall main process (1409) terminated with status 127

do please!!! HELP ME!!! I'm a complete newbie and this is a Eee PC laptop really small one, doesn't have cd driver, do please please help me!!!

merry xmas to all and a happy new year!!!

AMAMH
December 25th, 2009, 11:51 AM
maybe I don't understand, but why don't u just reinstall ubuntu?

dzon65
December 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Yes,would be the easiest.Plug a usb in and install.

jurjel
December 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I'm unable to do anything in the computer... it doesn't go further than the starting process .. I don't even get to put the user name or password ... I get the same message over and over :

mountall: symbol lookup error: mountall :
undefined symbol : udev_monitor_filter_add_match_subsystem_devtype
init : mountall main process (731) terminated with status 127

lisati
December 25th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I'm unable to do anything in the computer... it doesn't go further than the starting process .. I don't even get to put the user name or password ... I get the same message over and over :

mountall: symbol lookup error: mountall :
undefined symbol : udev_monitor_filter_add_match_subsystem_devtype
init : mountall main process (731) terminated with status 127

Not even reinstall?

jurjel
December 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM
don't know how to do that... would you explain please how to do so?? but like real real real easy steps, like for fools.. seriously ... cuz I'm a real stranger to this kind of things, computers dislike me !

lisati
December 25th, 2009, 12:07 PM
don't know how to do that... would you explain please how to do so?? but like real real real easy steps, like for fools.. seriously ... cuz I'm a real stranger to this kind of things, computers dislike me !

If you don't have a bootable copy of Ubunutu on USB you might need to use another computer to make one.

Have a look here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

jurjel
December 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I will be back in an hour then... need to get my flash from home... I'm at the university lab right now... :(

dzon65
December 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
If you can find another ubuntu pc>system>management>make a bootable usb

dzon65
December 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

Oh,it was mentioned before,my mistake.

jurjel
December 25th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I already downloaded the file to my flash... now .. what?... really newbie and computer null

lisati
December 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I already downloaded the file to my flash... now .. what?... really newbie and computer null
Put the flash drive in a spare USB slot in your computer, restart your computer, and tell your computer's BIOS to boot from the flash drvie. Note: This will not work if you did a straight copy of the ISO file to the flash drive

Palal
December 26th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Ok... to clarify... since this guy is using my computer in another part of the world and he doesn't know ubuntu all that well.... this is an eeePC 1000 running Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix with the eeePC kernel and the reinstall should be the same.