PDA

View Full Version : hard 2 sleep?

sandyd
December 25th, 2009, 06:20 AM
dont you guys (and girls) find it hard to sleep when you know you havent finished something you were supposed to finish, or if your not tierd enough yet? i normally have to do something , like for example watch tv until i fall asleap. or read something. my parents have always found me sleeping on the couch in the morning w/ the tv on when i was younger. (i still do this, and my friends who live with me take turns every morning tickling me until i wake up)

ZeroSpawn
December 25th, 2009, 06:26 AM
No way! When its time to pass out, I pass out. I know if I don't get enough sleep then the next day I will be very unproductive, thus I won't be able to finish my projects.

For the tv thing, I'm on the opposite side. I need everything off & all lights off. I'm a light sleeper, if anything in the house moves or makes noise I wake up.

judge jankum
December 25th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Sleep? What's that?

kahumba
December 25th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I usually play left 4 dead 2 before going to bed, fun and makes me forget anything.

Frak
December 25th, 2009, 07:16 AM
dont you guys (and girls) find it hard to sleep when you know you havent finished something you were supposed to finish, or if your not tierd enough yet?

Actually, yes. I'm working on a web-software project right now and scanning over the API. I'm noticeably tired, but I have some very powerful motivation in the back of my head keeping me going.

~sHyLoCk~
December 25th, 2009, 07:22 AM
dont you guys (and girls) find it hard to sleep when you know you havent finished something

not really, I usually fall asleep while doing something that frustrating.

Khakilang
December 25th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Have a couple of beer. That is if you above 18. I usually play DOTA and a cigarette before bedtime. Old habit I guess.

LeifAndersen
December 25th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Well, if I'm having trouble sleeping because I haven't done something I need to, I will generally get up and work on it until I can fall asleep. If I can't sleep because I'm not tired, than yes, that is annoying, and getting up and doing something doesn't help.

pwnst*r
December 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Actually, yes. I'm working on a web-software project right now and scanning over the API. I'm noticeably tired, but I have some very powerful motivation in the back of my head keeping me going.

share when done I hope.

@carlee watching tv or being on the comp isn't going to be putting anybody to sleep. if/when I have trouble sleeping it's only because I have a lot on my mind (usually work), but I try and think of other things but sometimes it can be a challenge.

Also, in those situations, I tend to have no problem falling asleep, but wake up various times of the night and do not go back to sleep so quickly.

dearingj
December 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
dont you guys (and girls) find it hard to sleep when you know you havent finished something you were supposed to finish, or if your not tierd enough yet? i normally have to do something , like for example watch tv until i fall asleap. or read something. my parents have always found me sleeping on the couch in the morning w/ the tv on when i was younger. (i still do this, and my friends who live with me take turns every morning tickling me until i wake up)

I usually find myself setting up a laptop near my bed and watching something on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com)

Shazaam
December 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Sleep? What's that?

I recently changed to third shift (first time in my life) so getting ANY sleep is great. I average 3 to 6 hours now. *yawn* I am running out of dvd's to watch. :)

sliketymo
December 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I usually fall asleep while reading.

sandyd
December 25th, 2009, 05:16 PM
share when done I hope.

@carlee watching tv or being on the comp isn't going to be putting anybody to sleep. if/when I have trouble sleeping it's only because I have a lot on my mind (usually work), but I try and think of other things but sometimes it can be a challenge.

Also, in those situations, I tend to have no problem falling asleep, but wake up various times of the night and do not go back to sleep so quickly.
i watch until im tierd
and thats just because im one of those people who have enough energy to "bounce off the walls"

Chimmer
December 25th, 2009, 05:22 PM
One word: Melatonin

pwnst*r
December 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM
One word: Melatonin

four words: in the short term.

Chimmer
December 25th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I recently changed to third shift (first time in my life) so getting ANY sleep is great. I average 3 to 6 hours now.

I worked 3rd shift for 3.5 years. I NEVER had a straight 8 hours sleep during that time, it was always 2 or 3 here, 3 or 4 there.

Chris Edgell
December 25th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I too need something that keeps my mind out of the worry spot. Reg TV doesn't do it because volumes vary and ADs jangle my consciousness. I need more of a monetone like C-Span, that just goes on and on. Other than that I need something where there are no surprises, like putting a favorite old movie in, like Groundhog Day. My TV has a sleep shut off and I'm almost never still awake when that 90 minutes ends.

Sometimes I recite favorite things I have committed to memory, like the 23rd Psalms; I do that in the dentist's chair too, anything to take the mind off the problem -- especially one you can't resolve immediately if not sooner...like world peace.

Frak
December 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
share when done I hope.

Heh, it's just a personal blog project. The motivation is it should be as perfect as possible for myself.

But, yeah, I'll share when I'm done (hopefully by this weekend).

juancarlospaco
December 25th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I think you ... zzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... ZZZZZZ

NinjaNumberNine
December 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I have forgotten what sleep is like... Normally it hits me before I have time to think about it. :lolflag:

The Real Dave
December 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I used be able to read before sleeping, and even had a built in alarm clock, if I wanted to wake up at 7, my body would wake me at 7. Very useful. I've since fallen out of touch with nature, and my life is alot more hetic. I collapse, fall into a coma for 5 hours, wake after 6 alarms, and start the same old cr@p everyday.......

chucky chuckaluck
December 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
only the bad sleep well.