PDA

View Full Version : UT2k3 and Ubuntu problem.

oddabe19
February 2nd, 2005, 05:35 AM
So, i went to install Unreal Tournament 2k3 via linux installer on 3rd disc (as i've done many times in the past) copied the linux_installer.sh to my desktop... did a chmod +x to it... and off i went.

Put everything into /home/oddabel/ut2003 etc...

so i go to run it and this happens

oddabel@ubuntu:~/ut2003 $ sh ut2003
fcntl: Operation not permitted
fcntl: Operation not permitted
Xlib: extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
OpenGL renderer relies on DXTC/S3TC support.

History:

Exiting due to error
oddabel@ubuntu:~/ut2003 $

I get the splash screen and that's it.... GLXgears work great... and Steam works great. I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone?

PS- i also have my nvidia drivers installed via their site.

dhonn
February 2nd, 2005, 10:42 AM
When you run:
glxinfo | grep direct

Does it say yes?

If not, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and where it says Driver "nv" insert Driver "nvidia"

restart your xserver with CTL+ALT+BKSPC

Just maybe the video drivers aren't loading. Or maybe your gfx card is old. My old nvidia gfx card doesnt support doom3, not in terms of performance but functionality.

oddabe19
February 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
When you run:
glxinfo | grep direct

Does it say yes?

If not, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and where it says Driver "nv" insert Driver "nvidia"

restart your xserver with CTL+ALT+BKSPC

Just maybe the video drivers aren't loading. Or maybe your gfx card is old. My old nvidia gfx card doesnt support doom3, not in terms of performance but functionality.

oddabel@ubuntu:~ $ glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: No
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
oddabel@ubuntu:~ $

But i've already replaced my xorg.conf file stuff.... and did everything you're supposed to with nvidia...

IIRC, there used to be a problem with the mesa portion of the drivers and xorg/xfree but i don't remember how to fix anyof it...

piedamaro
February 2nd, 2005, 04:55 PM
oddabel@ubuntu:~ $ glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: No
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
oddabel@ubuntu:~ $

But i've already replaced my xorg.conf file stuff.... and did everything you're supposed to with nvidia...

IIRC, there used to be a problem with the mesa portion of the drivers and xorg/xfree but i don't remember how to fix anyof it...
What did you do to install nvidia drivers? Have you got a line in /etc/modules which reads: nvidia ?
Did you issue a:
sudo nvidia-glx-config enable ?

oddabe19
February 2nd, 2005, 07:56 PM
I actually use their own drivers from their site...

Anyway, i forgot to reinstall when I updated xorg and the newest kernel, so the drivers didn't know what to do.

I reinstalled them and it worked....

my bad, human error... thanks anyway guys. :-D

GrayFox^
April 21st, 2005, 05:16 AM
This is the error I get when following the guide here http://www.easylinuxguide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=735&sid=2a14d155b61b123b6a5a675b0d20066e
I get the following error when trying to do step 6.

root@apiata:/home/conrad # sh linux_installer.sh
Copying to a temporary location...
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 2003 for GNU/Linux 2107.............................................. ........................
No UI drivers available
.setup22050: dynamic-link.h:57: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed.
./setup.sh: line 104: 22073 Aborted "$setup" "$@"
The setup program seems to have failed on x86/glibc-2.1

Fatal error, no tech support email configured in this setup
The program returned an error code (1)
root@apiata:/home/conrad #

Please help a Linux newbie out, as I succesfully installed Enemy Territory thanks to a guide on these forums.