PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No mouse during install

mrob12
December 24th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Today I tried to install Ubuntu 8.04 on my computer. I was trying to set-up a dual boot with Windows XP Pro. The install was complicated because my mouse wouldn't work. I used the keyboard until Step 4, when I had to chose the disk allocation for each OS. Without the mouse I couldn't proceed. The mouse works fine in Windows. Is there a way around this?

labinnsw
December 25th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I find that all my hardware works all the time with Ubuntu, but I have come across instances where hardware recognition is a issue. If you are able to borrow another mouse until the installation process is finished, you might be able to solve the mouse recognition problem later.

taurus
December 25th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Or use the alternate CD and you don't need to use your mouse during the installing process.

MusicGenic
December 25th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Hey im about 2 days new to ubuntu, recently i installed wine and Call of Duty 4: Modern W.... yet for some reason my mouse cannot click on anything... im unable to join a game using the mouse. In ubuntu i can click on anything just fine...

I want to remove my original(wireless)mouse and replace with a cord one, i hope that will resolve my problem, i hope for a command or something to help... i just don't know what to do!!!!
Please Help Me.