PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] internal audio panel analog control

Sethra
December 24th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I have somehow lost the internal audio panel analog control icon from the panel on the top of my desktop, Ubuntu 9.10

How do I get it back? I have spent search time for the past week trying to figure it out.

Please, somebody, help me out here. This is not the first time I have messed up the panel, and have never figured out how to manipulate this important stuff. I lost the internet connection icon once.

So far, I have only managed to fix this problem by completely reinstalling. Not the most elegant solution...I feel like an idiot, which is why I have not asked for help before.

Thanks

fishyf
December 24th, 2009, 11:03 AM
This is easy to fix when you know how.

Right click on the panel, and select add to panel. Then select the notification panel. This will add the network, power, audio and bluetooth icons. They come as a unit - really badly named.

I saw the solution here: http://newyork.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8522436

There was a bug in the display of the notification applet and I tried to remove the offending part and the four items disappeared with no clear way to get them back.

Sethra
December 24th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks, found the Notification Area item, it doesn't add anything at all, anywhere that I can see.

I'm exploring the Synaptic Pkg Mngr, no broken packages to fix. Just looking in desperation for anything relevant. Nothing so far.