PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stuck on Ubuntu

Atlantix
December 23rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
I have just installed Ubuntu 9.10 alongside Windows. Created a new partition on a secondary (storage) drive, and installed it there, not on the C drive.

Now Ubuntu works fine, but when the dual boot screen comes up and asks me to choose between the OSs using the up/down arrow buttons - the arrow buttons are dead, so is Enter, and the PC will eventually boot into Ubuntu... but I can no longer boot into Windows.

Thanks for the help,

presence1960
December 24th, 2009, 02:00 AM
do you have a USB keyboard?

audiomick
December 24th, 2009, 02:03 AM
do you have a USB keyboard?

Probably exactly the right question.

I had the described problem until I enabled the "load USB" options in BIOS.
I don't remember what they were called exactly, but they tell the BIOS to look for USB devices, instead of waiting for the OS to do it.

presence1960
December 24th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Probably exactly the right question.

I had the described problem until I enabled the "load USB" options in BIOS.
I don't remember what they were called exactly, but they tell the BIOS to look for USB devices, instead of waiting for the OS to do it.

It is USB Legacy or USB keyboard you want to enable in BIOS.

Atlantix
December 24th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks guys,

been away from the internet for a few hours, but in the meantime I figured it must be the USB not being enabled, because the LEDs didn't light up on that USB keyboard.

So I dug out an old PS2 keyboard and it works now. Will go into the bios and sort it out.

Thank you again,

presence1960
December 24th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks guys,

been away from the internet for a few hours, but in the meantime I figured it must be the USB not being enabled, because the LEDs didn't light up on that USB keyboard.

So I dug out an old PS2 keyboard and it works now. Will go into the bios and sort it out.

Thank you again,

Excellent! Enjoy Ubuntu.