PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Boot Freez

Logical Dream
December 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
This can be one of the standard problems but with all how to manuals I didnt made it .

So , I installed 9.04 on my PC after XP . I was doing ubuntu installation on my lap top before .
After installation everything was perfect and I turned off PC and left upgrades for 2morrow morning .

After turning on next time , I have nothing .
Basicly after booting Its showing Status bar which is loading the system . But basicly on very end its crashing and my monitor is turning to millions of cubes and colors .

I thouth its ATI driver for my 9550 Radeon card . And I wanted to switch to fglrx drivers , but another problem : its not reacting on alt+ctrl+f1/f2
then , its not reacting on alt+ctrl+backspace
then I made change in kernel boot adding "3" on that line for booting ( not sure If I made corect explanation)
and all of that didnt help , all the time I have monitor turned to dots and collors in some point .
Now Im not sure that this is graphic driver issue :confused:

Any help I'll highly appreciate .

Regards from Montenegro

Ivan

edit: I also try to log in as Single user which failed also , same resault with graphic crash

Logical Dream
December 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM
when I press " c " for command line I have " grub> "
Is it posible to make some changes on sistem from this point ?

Logical Dream
December 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM
can somebody make some note , maybe its not clear explanation .

Logical Dream
December 26th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I just founf out that alt+ctrl+backspace should be activated manulay in 9.04 and 9.10 , so that is ok .

Another thing , I tried X -configure and I have Configure failed massage on the end

Logical Dream
February 10th, 2010, 11:38 PM
after so many updates in last cople of weeks , I still have issue on booting my OS .
Still haveing blue box on monitor spining around with massage "No Signal"
as I sad its probably graphic card issue .
after lets say , 15 restarts in a row - it will boot normaly :S

Logical Dream
February 11th, 2010, 11:38 PM
no comments :(