PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gnome panel shows colored block on left and right side

michaelgilch
December 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
I have about a 12px block on both ends of my panel with the following settings:

uncheck Expand
uncheck Show Hide Buttons
Background = 100% Transparent

It seems to be a placeholder of sorts for the Hide Buttons, and gives you the ability to drag the panel around. I am looking for a way to make those 12px blocks transparent along with the rest of the panel. I have searched extensively through gconf-editor with no luck. Any suggestions?

Attached is a screenshot of the blocks in question.

Thank you

michaelgilch
December 25th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I solved it!

A little more info: I am using the Dust theme. I discovered that the block color would change when I changed the Dust Theme Controls.

Solution: In /usr/share/themes/ there is a folder for each theme you have installed. I searched for 'panel' in /usr/share/themes/Dust/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and the first entry that came up was:

style "panel" = "dark" {
bg[NORMAL] = "#2C2B29"
engine "murrine" {
}
}
I checked the "#2C2B29" value in Gimp. It happened to be the exact color of the block in question. So, I changed that value to "#000000" to match my black background. No more blocks!

w1d3
July 23rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
I solved it!

A little more info: I am using the Dust theme. I discovered that the block color would change when I changed the Dust Theme Controls.

Solution: In /usr/share/themes/ there is a folder for each theme you have installed. I searched for 'panel' in /usr/share/themes/Dust/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and the first entry that came up was:

style "panel" = "dark" {
bg[NORMAL] = "#2C2B29"
engine "murrine" {
}
}I checked the "#2C2B29" value in Gimp. It happened to be the exact color of the block in question. So, I changed that value to "#000000" to match my black background. No more blocks!
is there a way to make the color transparent