PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 3 kernals running at a time in my ubuntu OS

karthikkln
December 23rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
i'm using ubuntu9.04 in this it will always 3 kernals running at a time., due to this am getting my open office is not responding some time., it's asking for force quit. and some time firefox is also facing the same problem. what is the solution for this.. any body pls help me out of here.!

unmole
December 23rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
I think I misunderstood you...you have multiple kernels running at once ??? How did that happen ?

wilee-nilee
December 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
i'm using ubuntu9.04 in this it will always 3 kernals running at a time., due to this am getting my open office is not responding some time., it's asking for force quit. and some time firefox is also facing the same problem. what is the solution for this.. any body pls help me out of here.!

You only have one kernel running at a time, you see three in grub because of kernel updates. Describe your problems with Open Office and Firefox with more information and you will probably get help.

karthikkln
December 29th, 2009, 08:22 AM
it happened unmole..! whenever i gine 4 kernel page while booting it's running 3 kernals.! i dono y?

karthikkln
December 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
sure wilee whenever am using open office with multiple options, suddenly it's not responding any more suddenly it's asking force quit when am do that then it's working properly.this is happening even though am up dating the kernal and open office regualrly..!! i dono wat's the prob i dono.