PDA

View Full Version : want a suggestion about my job career......

abhilashm86
December 23rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
i want suggestion from you friends:)
hi all, i'm a final year student doing engineering in computers in INDIA, i'm very much intersested in RIA, flex, php and flash platform and want to
do more work and job in this platform building RIA's!!

In my 8th semester, there is company coming for campus recuirtment
which is all about .NET, c#, java and databases as such i've heard,
but the problem is i need to attend their month basics of soft skills
n stuff like that, after selecting in campus, i need to make agreement
for working in their company for more than 2 yrs??

if i do this, i can't get into RIA and can't break agreement though:),
so whats your thought upon this?

after finishing enginnering can i depend on flex,php related RIA job?
i'm learning as3, flex and php now. Is there a guarentee for sure,
i've made a small portfolio in flex 3.0 (http://abhilash.co.nr) and
playing with twitter apis now,

resume (http://www.scribd.com/doc/24368853/resumeabhilash) , first time i created it!!

please share your views and guide me!!

JDShu
December 23rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
You can find some resume templates online, in addtion to a ton of information and advice on what you should put on your resume and how to present it.

phrostbyte
December 23rd, 2009, 06:13 AM
Hi, some recommendations on your resume:

Capitalize the names of products, eg: Adobe Photoshop
opensource should be Open Source (or open source), but not one word
API's should be APIs

Flex development is general is a popular and useful skill to have. There may be websites looking for such development skills.

amitabhishek
December 23rd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Sorry bro, I can't view your resume probably scribd is probably blocked at my workplace.

Though unnecessary; I wouldn't mind a free lesson in soft skills but that's secondary. You want to excel in RIA; 2 year work in C#, Java & .NET won't harm your career one bit. It will,in fact, augment your existing skill-set.

When you post a thread in a forum you can expect all kind of response. I believe attitude is the key capabilities can be always worked upon. I can see you have the attitude so go ahead.

P.S. BTW it looks like that the Co. thats planning to hire you is a Microsoft's poodle ;).

abhilashm86
December 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
Sorry bro, I can't view your resume probably scribd is probably blocked at my workplace.

Though unnecessary; I wouldn't mind a free lesson in soft skills but that's secondary. You want to excel in RIA; 2 year work in C#, Java & .NET won't harm your career one bit. It will,in fact, augment your existing skill-set.

When you post a thread in a forum you can expect all kind of response. I believe attitude is the key capabilities can be always worked upon. I can see you have the attitude so go ahead.

P.S. BTW it looks like that the Co. thats planning to hire you is a Microsoft's poodle ;).

ha ha!! i don't want to disclose company name!! i would not bothered if they select, but they'll make some agreement till 2 or more years, so i cannot later join my interested job!!
yes i'll somehow see if i have a cutting narrow escape though!!
lets see, i'll just hope for best!

abhilashm86
December 23rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
You can find some resume templates online, in addtion to a ton of information and advice on what you should put on your resume and how to present it.

is that too bad!! i'm still a student and have no expeirence 0 days!! i saw few of them, but they are not for freshers, so i took a template and did! thanks i'll make changes and post it.......

jayze
December 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
I don't know what the job scene is like in India...but a jobs a job! you're young enough to profit from experiences and still have time to change course later:)

RiceMonster
December 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Under operating systems, do not write specific Linux distributions, just write "Linux", this way it won't matter if they're looking for, say, SLES or RHEL. Your email looks unprofessional as well. If possible, use your schools email. Also, since your marks appeared to go down in your BE, I would just not include them on your resume. If they ask for them, give them a transcript.

abhilashm86
December 23rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Under operating systems, do not write specific Linux distributions, just write "Linux", this way it won't matter if they're looking for, say, SLES or RHEL. Your email looks unprofessional as well. If possible, use your schools email. Also, since your marks appeared to go down in your BE, I would just not include them on your resume. If they ask for them, give them a transcript.

hi ricemonster, good i'l change my email!! in india, as proffesional courses go, marks will be like that only!!
its enginnering, comapnies and jobs will ask marks like this, for your reference in india.....its majority of comapnies
10th = 60%
12th = 60% and higher
engineering= 55% (rare case 60% or higher)

i'll remove my marks, thanks for suggestion....