PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nautilus not working - Asus M4A78T-E

bcn17
December 23rd, 2009, 12:52 AM
I have just built a computer and installed 9.10 amd64. There is one problem. I can't go to places and open a folder- It just thinks for a sec then nothing happens. If I plug in a usb drive it doesn't put a shortcut on the desktop either. However, I can navigate via firefox and 'save as' to the usb drive.

The specs:
Asus M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II 965
EVGA Geforce 9800
Crucial DDR3 12800

If I type into terminal:

nautilus

I get the output:

(nautilus:2144): Eel-CRITICAL **: eel_preferences_get_boolean: assertion `preferences_is_initialized ()' failed
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension

** (nautilus:2144): WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of signal 'UploadFinished'

** (nautilus:2144): WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of signal 'DownloadFinished'

** (nautilus:2144): WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of signal 'ShareCreateError'

(nautilus:2144): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_object: assertion `c_handler != NULL' failed
Segmentation fault

Any help appreciated, I haven't found anyone else with the same problem.

BooSolo
January 31st, 2010, 11:43 PM
I won't be of much help in fixing this but I can tell you you're not alone, this has just happened to me and I am at a loss on what to do. I'm a total baby when it comes to the Ubuntu OS so I don't really know how to go about fixing it.

afrodeity
February 5th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Exact same problem (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1399819). If you create a second user account, you get nautilus back. But this not exactly the kind of workaround one wants. I need a fix.

bcn17
February 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Do you both have the same motherboard as me? Or any shared hardware? For me the problem is not always nautilus now. It varies from application to application.

afrodeity
February 7th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Biostar P4M900 with Intel Celeron
GeForce 8400 GS graphics

Link to my problem http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1399819