PDA

View Full Version : Photo Bucket stops supporting Linux

lexonew
December 22nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
New member here. I have been using Linux for a few years. Found this in another forum.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=38399

Thought people might be interested.

Me

LowSky
December 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums

I thanked them for clarification and told them I have contacted the Linux community.

'Nuff said.

Lex

What is the Linux community supposed to do? Websites have the right to support whatever they choose. I guess photo bucket is using a tool set that is only available to Windows and OS/x...

Greg
December 22nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
Tinypic is better anyway.

RiceMonster
December 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Photobucket is really annoying now anyway.

It used to be good.

dragos240
December 22nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Crap. Good thing I don't use photobucket.

Psumi
December 22nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums

What is the Linux community supposed to do? Websites have the right to support whatever they choose. I guess photo bucket is using a tool set that is only available to Windows and OS/x...

Just like ABC's Full Episode Site. :|

pwnst*r
December 22nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
photobucket sucks anyway.

dragos240
December 22nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Hmm.... Why don't more people use imageshack more. Photobucket removes many of it's images. While imageshack has never removed one picture I have put up. I can't view images from another year with photobucket. I can still view images from 2004.

Excedio
December 22nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
I have noticed some oddities with Photobucket, but nothing awful. I'll give it a test with I get home.

As for imageshack...I attempted to create an account and it would not let me, not totally sure why.

SmittyJensen
December 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hmm.... Why don't more people use imageshack more. Photobucket removes many of it's images. While imageshack has never removed one picture I have put up. I can't view images from another year with photobucket. I can still view images from 2004.

photobucket > imageshack but they both suck imo.

lexonew
December 22nd, 2009, 09:48 PM
Someone suggested the site to me some time ago. I found the same thing recently. Stuff does happen.:)
I will try imageshack. Thanks.

Me

To the Ranter, I did not think the Linux community could do anything. Just sharing information.

ice60
December 22nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
New member here. I have been using Linux for a few years. Found this in another forum.

Me
who cares? they can do whatever they want. anyway, linux mints political leaning is far, far more offensive than anything Photo Bucket has done.

SunnyRabbiera
December 22nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Photofukit sucks, they always have and always will.
I heard imagebam is decent though

gletob
December 22nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
tinypic is better anyway.

+1

cariboo
December 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
I have a photobucket account, and as of last Friday it still worked. I have to admit I don't like it, but it was recommened to me when I needed an account.

speedwell68
December 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
I have been using Photobucket for ages and it still works fine for me. Even their image editing software works. TBH I haven't used it for a few days, so maybe things have changed. If it doesn't work anymore I'll just ditch it for something that does.

SuperSonic4
December 22nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
who cares? they can do whatever they want. anyway, linux mints political leaning is far, far more offensive than anything Photo Bucket has done.

Hear, hear.

mobilediesel
December 22nd, 2009, 10:58 PM

Me

Playing videos with photobucket works in Google Chrome but not in Firefox.

markp1989
December 22nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
photpbucket sucks for uploading in linux, it frezes the browser out untill it has finished uploading.

dragos240
December 22nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
photobucket > imageshack but they both suck imo.

Why. I have found it very useful.

speedwell68
December 22nd, 2009, 11:30 PM
I don't know, my photobucket works perfectly on all my PCs which all run Linux. The uploader is fine. Like I have already said if it stop working I will just use something else.

Exodist
December 23rd, 2009, 12:02 AM
The only decent photo/image holding site I have seen is googles Picasa. Now I dont like the program they give you to optionally use. But using the web browser and website is the best bet.
- No advertisements or pop ups.
- 1 GB of upload space for FREE.
- Easy to access web directory, for example: "http://picasaweb.google.com/exodist2009"
- Images can be directly linked from it as well as a link or embedded image: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_04pMYWw39X4/SyYXV_hwjgI/AAAAAAAAAro/1YPS9g9zKtM/LucidLynx-CaseAvatar-Radial-Orange.png

Cheers,
Exo

doorknob60
December 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Tinypic and imageshack are both better, so whatever :P