PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] HELP! Accidentally deleted akregator folder

portnoyboy
December 22nd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hi, a n00b here, I hope somebody can help me..

My akregator was running in background when I accidentally deleted the akregator folder in ~/.kde/share/apps/akregator :(

It was a quite big archive ( >100 Mb ) with tags etc.. so I really don't wanna lose it..

But i haven't closed the akregator, everything is still normal, I can browse my archive, tags are still there etc.. But I'm afraid that if i close it, all will be gone

The akregator complained it couldn't write feeds.opml, so i recreate the akregator folder and it's default sub folders: Archive and data, so it can write the opml file. The program did wrote the opml file into the data folder I recreated. But the Archive folder is still empty now.

My questions:

- If i close the akregator now, will I lose my archive forever? Or will it automatically recreate the archive? Because everything is still "there" now, I can read my feeds etc so it must be "somewhere"

- Where do akregator read these feeds I'm browsing now from? Are they in a temporary folder or memory? Is there anyway to copy that "temporary" data?

Thanks for your help..

portnoyboy
December 24th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I managed to recover ALL of my deleted feeds by following this guide:

http://www.linux.com/archive/articles/58142

I'm glad I didn't close the program! Thank you to bcooksley from KDE Forum for showing me the link