PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Javascript erased itself

cntrygrl17
December 22nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Somehow i no longer have a working javascript download and i can't do anything online without getting an error....i have tried several things to get it back but nothing has worked!!! i will take all the ideas i can get right now!

lewisforlife
December 22nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Are you using Firefox? If so, try renaming your .mozilla directory in your home folder, then restart firefox and you should have the default settings. Maybe this will fix your problem:

mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla-old

doas777
December 22nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
Somehow i no longer have a working javascript download and i can't do anything online without getting an error....i have tried several things to get it back but nothing has worked!!! i will take all the ideas i can get right now!

just a point of terminology, that i hope will assist in trying to track down the issue.
javascript is part of your browser (firefox, opera, internet explorer, etc), so it can't be erased or uninstalled or downloaded (though it may not be working correctly). java however can be downloaded installed and erased however, so are you sure you mean javascript, not java?

post back if Lewis's advice does not do it for you.

you don't happen to have an addon called "NoScript" installed do you?