PDA

View Full Version : winter snow storm

kholdstare
December 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
who else is experiencing the snow,i don't have American news(for some reason i only get CCTV which is Chinese news.) only thing i know is it was east coast. say state city amount, and if its happening in a different country like Canada do providence and city.

NC
Asheville
~12.5 inches last i checked but in some places its closer to 20 24 inches.

Groucho Marxist
December 21st, 2009, 07:32 PM
who else is experiencing the snow,i don't have American news(for some reason i only get CCTV which is Chinese news.) only thing i know is it was east coast. say state city amount, and if its happening in a different country like Canada do providence and city.

NC
Asheville
~12.5 inches last i checked but in some places its closer to 20 24 inches.

I experience ridiculous amounts of snow by the foot every year in Michigan. This year, winter just plain rocks thanks to the black ushanka I purchased. :D

benj1
December 21st, 2009, 07:32 PM
yorkshire, england, not much, enough to make it a pain tho.

jayze
December 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Yes I'm confused too lol!....according to cnn euronews bbc theres snow everywhere except where youd usually expect it! certainly non here ..I'm all for climate change...let the other b@@@r have it for a change (JOKE)...its not the depth of snow that counts its the humidity factor...you can ski.cat.sleigh or even jalopy on chains in dry snow...deep slush you cant do much...deep slush on top of ice you might as well get prepared for cabin fever (sorry if I'm trying to teach my granny to suck eggs here)...

NoaHall
December 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM
yorkshire, england, not much, enough to make it a pain tho.

In the UK, a little bit of snow, and the whole country panics. Some people need to grow up, a little, tbh.

RiceMonster
December 21st, 2009, 07:35 PM
Got a lot of snow around Toronto, Canada about two weeks ago. Further north they got so much snow the highways were almost impossible to drive on there was so much snow. I think they got more than a meter of snow there. Here it was enough to slow down traffic substantially in the morning, but it wasn't really bad.

jayze
December 21st, 2009, 07:39 PM
well nobodys panicking round here...nor will they be when all the snow melts and we're back to building rafts yet again....:popcorn:

Grenage
December 21st, 2009, 07:40 PM
South England here it's nothing much to talk about; the ice is much worse, but hey that tends to come with winter.

Off to Sweden on Sunday, so we'll be seeing a bit more of it then.

NoaHall
December 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
South England here it's nothing much to talk about; the ice is much worse, but hey that tends to come with winter.

Off to Sweden on Sunday, so we'll be seeing a bit more of it then.

I'm off to Sweden tomorrow. Looking good.

mybodymyself
December 21st, 2009, 07:47 PM
Add me to this list. Live in Metro New York Area on New Jersey Side of it USA. At the same time have no clue how to help you with your question here.

HappyFeet
December 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM
I live in the northeast US and just got hit by the latest snow storm. In my area, we got about 8 inches.

benj1
December 21st, 2009, 07:50 PM
In the UK, a little bit of snow, and the whole country panics. Some people need to grow up, a little, tbh.

thats mainly the south, they dont see much of it down there, but i do agree the country would shut down long before many others, ski-doos and snow chains aren't very common here.

Guitar John
December 21st, 2009, 08:15 PM
Central Pennsylvania. We got about a foot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dadgadjohn/4197821435/).

crimesaucer
December 21st, 2009, 08:19 PM
In Northern Virginia (Washington D.C. area) we had a foot and-a-half of snow.

cariboo
December 21st, 2009, 08:25 PM
I live in Western Canada, it's been snowing since Friday, but so far we've only accumulated about 12cm.

(Corndog)
December 21st, 2009, 08:25 PM
Northern North Carolina, about a foot. I'll take pictures soon of my massive (Persian-like) snowman army!

alphaniner
December 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
We just got a dusting where I live (Southern VA coast). :(

Yes
December 21st, 2009, 09:26 PM
About a foot here (a little outside of philly).

jayze
December 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM
hill country northern hemisphere...latest update....a sprinkling of crisp snow thats now well stuck.:)