PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Scrollbar highlight color suggestion

L a r r y
December 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM
Hi All,

I am using Ubuntu 9.04, a great improvement over the 8.04 installation I was running on a different computer. Better computer for the task at hand helps.

In customizing my color scheme, I have discovered exactly what is colored by the highlight color setting in System > Preferences > Appearance > Theme > Customize... > Colors (or Right-click on the Desktop > Change Desktop Background > Themes > Customize... > Colors).

Among other things, the Progress bar that runs when updating and installing software, is set by the highlight color, as is the slider on the vertical and horizontal scroll bars.

I believe the scroll bar up and down arrows (left and right arrows) should be the same shade as the slider. Click the mouse on the colored arrows to move up or down one line at a time, or click the colored slider and drag it up and down for a faster move.

As it is, the arrows are white or grey and the slider channel is also grey, while the slider is the chosen highlight color.

I will often times mix the slider channel and the slider up and click and drag the channel, which does not work as expected!