PDA

View Full Version : What do you like having for breakfast?

The Toxic Mite
December 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM
Hey!

I was wondering, what do you guys (and gals :P) like having for breakfast?

I love porridge with a drizzle of maple syrup :mrgreen:

How about you? :)

keplerspeed
December 21st, 2009, 09:48 AM
I usually have Weetbix each morning, love the stuff. Fruit loops on Christmas though.

Grenage
December 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM
Yoghurt on bran flakes, with fruit.

Kill me now!

QueenN00B
December 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Pancakes and bacon. *drool@bacon*

But usually nothing.

fromthehill
December 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
slice of bread with ham or salami
big cup of tea

cenzorrll
December 21st, 2009, 09:57 AM
coffee and a banana. most times just coffee

TheNessus
December 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
a tasty, meaty sandwich, and coffee.

sliketymo
December 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Sausage,biscuits and gravy,hash browns,coffee.

Gone fishing
December 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Most things apart from breakfast cereal.

Bacon and eggs, chapatis and hot dhal, huevos con chorizo with hot salsa (chili is good at breakfast). The best breakfast I ever had was at the Vic Fall Hotel about 10 years ago.

Crunchy the Headcrab
December 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, breakfast burritos, fruit loops, special k

but usually I don't eat breakfast.

madnessjack
December 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
2 caramel chocolate bars

PrimoTurbo
December 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Cigarette and coffee.

azkehmm
December 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
3 or 4 slices of dark bread with honey or cheese, a few pieces of fruit, a cup of coffee and a glass or two of milk.

Marvin666
December 21st, 2009, 02:18 PM
I have to wait a few hours after waking up, before eating or my stomach goes crazy.
When I do make breakfast (only on days with no school) I make 4 scrambled eggs. i melt a bunch of sharp cheddar into them, then load it down with tabasco. Served with a can of pepsi.

RiceMonster
December 21st, 2009, 02:31 PM
Bagels, muffins, eggs (over easy), toast, sausage, regular or peameal bacon, etc, etc

Call me weird, but I don't really like pancakes. Waffles are OK.

mivo
December 21st, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm not usually up at typical breakfast times, so I tend to just go with a large cup of tea (sometimes coffee) and have lunch in the afternoon. ;) If I do have breakfast, it's usually just a slice of bread with cream cheese or smoked ham, or I bake some quick puff pastry. In general I can't really eat shortly after waking up.

Psumi
December 21st, 2009, 02:36 PM
Pancakes, Egg and a slice of bacon cut in half.

forrestcupp
December 21st, 2009, 02:53 PM
A steak, egg, and cheese bagel meal at McDonald's. I generally hate MD's, but I love their breakfast.

Psumi
December 21st, 2009, 02:57 PM
A steak, egg, and cheese bagel meal at McDonald's. I generally hate MD's, but I love their breakfast.

Same here! :D

alphaniner
December 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Two eggs scrambled, bacon/sausage, biscuit, dry grits, and hash browns.

or

Two eggs over-easy, bacon/sausage, toast, dry grits, and hash browns.

I generally hate MD's, but I love their breakfast.

Barring the above, a Chicken McSkillet Burrito or b,e&c bagel with round egg is hard to beat.

Regenweald
December 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM
Scrambled eggs, four slices of white bread, Grande cup of instant cafe brazil.

LowSky
December 21st, 2009, 03:59 PM
At work: Yogurt and maybe fruit, or Bagel with Cream cheese.
At home and have the day off: Usually Some type of cereal or toaster waffles.
Diner: Pancakes and bacon, or French Toast and Sausage
Deli: Bagel with Cream Cheese and Bacon
McDonalds (last resort and starving): Sausage McMuffin (No egg)

I regret reading this... now I'm hungry!

mamamia88
December 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM
McDonalds breakfast burritos

cascade9
December 21st, 2009, 04:09 PM
chapatis and hot dhal

*blinks* I thought I was the only person who wasnt in india who would eat dahl for bearkfast. LOL

As for what else I eat, it all depends. on whats around and what I feel like. Cereal or cheese on toast seem to win the most often, but I think I've eaten everything I normally eat at any other time for breakfast at some point....

jayze
December 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM
marmite on toast...:guitar:

wirate
December 21st, 2009, 04:22 PM
I thought I was the only person who wasnt in india who would eat dahl for bearkfast. LOL

I am not in India and I eat chapati and dahl as well. Am in Pakistan LOL again :)

anaconda
December 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
sesame seed milk, and soaked oat and berries.

Sometimes just sesame seed milk...

user1397
December 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM
3 eggs (scrambled), a bagel with cream cheese, and a cup of milk

KiwiNZ
December 21st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Muesli to which I add Wheat Germ and Sun Flower Seeds. I have this with fresh home made orange juice and my medication.

azkehmm
December 21st, 2009, 06:41 PM
I have to wait a few hours after waking up, before eating or my stomach goes crazy.
When I do make breakfast (only on days with no school) I make 4 scrambled eggs. i melt a bunch of sharp cheddar into them, then load it down with tabasco. Served with a can of pepsi.

I think that diet would make most stomachs go crazy :)

nubimax
December 21st, 2009, 06:45 PM
Coffee, Chilipuillas

HappinessNow
December 21st, 2009, 07:17 PM
Hey!

I was wondering, what do you guys (and gals :P) like having for breakfast?

I love porridge with a drizzle of maple syrup :mrgreen:

How about you? :)When I have time for breakfast (which rarely happens) I like Peach flavored Oat Meal.

KiwiNZ
December 21st, 2009, 07:25 PM
When I have time for breakfast (which rarely happens) I like Peach flavored Oat Meal.

aaahhh one of the joys of medical retirement , I always have time for breakfast, and now its summer , breakfast outside .

HappinessNow
December 21st, 2009, 07:27 PM
aaahhh one of the joys of medical retirement , I always have time for breakfast, and now its summer , breakfast outside .Summer, breakfast and summer breakfast outside all sound wonderful. This Winter is growing old on me quick.

RiceMonster
December 21st, 2009, 07:30 PM
Summer, breakfast and summer breakfast outside all sound wonderful. This Winter is growing old on me quick.

I love Winter, and cold weather.

A nice breakfast sounds good though. I only have time for cereal on weekday mornings. Really tired of cereal now. I'm even tired the glorious froot loops.

tribaal
December 21st, 2009, 07:48 PM
I crave for two things most people think is weird for breakfast:

Cenovis on a slice of buttered bread.
Muesli with orange juice instead of the traditional milk.

I sometimes have both. Yeah, go ahead, laugh.

- Trib'

Old_Grey_Wolf
December 21st, 2009, 08:31 PM
What I like: Eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, biscuits/toast, and fruit juice.
What I typically have: Cottage cheese, toast, and fruit juice.

*g!t5^_)*(H
December 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Bread, and black chocolate with manchego cheese, I know it sounds disgusting, but feels fantastic in my mouth. Sure it's going to be boring after some months, but I'll enjoy it as much as I can.

User3k
December 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
cigarette and coffee.

+1

alphaniner
December 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Bread, and black chocolate with manchego cheese, I know it sounds disgusting, but feels fantastic in my mouth. Sure it's going to be boring after some months, but I'll enjoy it as much as I can.

What is black chocolate?

feels fantastic in my mouth.

That's a dirty joke waiting to happen.

Mornedhel
December 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
What is black chocolate?

I think he means dark chocolate. From his nick and from "manchego", he's either French or Spanish, so he's thinking of "chocolat noir" or "chocolate negro". Both literally mean "black chocolate".

Dark chocolate is the only good chocolate anyway.

I like having full breakfast (y'know, with all the good stuff, bacon, sausages, eggs, hash browns, etc.), but since I usually get up, take a shower, get dressed, and eat in all of 25 minutes before I have to get to the lab, my usual breakfast fare is milk and cereal (and fruit juice if there is any).

Marvin666
December 21st, 2009, 10:05 PM
I think that diet would make most stomachs go crazy :)
After I've been awake a while, the only thing my stomach can't handle is greasy stuff.

Georgia boy
December 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM
Scrambled eggs with jalapeano peppers and crushed red peppers mixed in, grits, toast or biscuits, bacon or sausage, a cup of white tea. Normally though, I only have a bowel of cerial or grits and white tea. Ah the things that taste good.

Tom

NightHawk877
December 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
I usually cook myself a spam, egg and cheese omelet with some marmite or vegemite on burnt toast. I like to wash it down with a glass of water and a 32 ounce can of Monster.

User3k
December 21st, 2009, 10:45 PM
Spam, cookies, java and a little wine. ;)

alphaniner
December 21st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Crap, I forgot about scrapple (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple).

mmmmm, assorted pig parts.

pwnst*r
December 21st, 2009, 10:58 PM
coffee during the week. oatmeal, homemoade chorizo burritos, eggs, or pancakes on the weekends.

laceration
December 22nd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Normally though, I only have a bowel of cerial
I usually empty mine after breakfast.

pwnst*r
December 22nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
lol

Knowle
December 22nd, 2009, 07:24 AM
A few years ago when I had to get up early for school my daily breakfast consisted of a glass of water with an amphetamine tablet(prescribed). These days I don't get up till about 2pm and eat whatever I can't find in the house.

jrusso2
December 22nd, 2009, 07:26 AM
Some fresh fruit, and some fresh squeezed juice. From fresh ground coffee and some fresh baked bread of some kind and I am happy.

crimesaucer
December 22nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
If I were to go to a nice cafe for breakfast or brunch and saw that they had Eggs Benedict on the menu, then I would most likely order the Eggs Bene' with a side of potatoes with melted cheese and saute onions. Also a Coffee w/ cream and sugar, and a fresh squeezed OJ..... maybe a slice of banana bread, a blueberry muffin, or a blueberry filled croissant.

If I were making breakfast at home I either do eggs over easy and potatoes, or french toast. Granola is good too, or yogurt.

And if I'm just driving past a coffee shop in the morning then a blueberry muffin or some other pastry and a triple latte will hold me until lunch.

Linuxforall
December 22nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
Home made yogurt with Poha (beaten rice) and banana, mugs of my favorite coffee.

insane_alien
December 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
cold pepperoni pizza.

usually have toast and a mug(bucket really with the size of it) of tea.

Swagman
December 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Full English Breakfast

For those that don't know what that means

1: 3 Rashers SMOKED Bacon (not that crispy,streaky crap Americans get)
2: Fried Peeled Plum Tomatoes
3: Beans
4: Mushrooms (Make room for the Mushrooms)
5: Lincolnshire Supreme sausages (x2)
6: Double Fried egg( Sunny side up)
7: Black pudding, crumbled into the beans
8: Potato waffle
9: Toast... With Proper Butter (No pretend crap)

If it's nearer Lunchtime then add chips (Full English Brekkies are served at all hours)

http://to55er.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/english-breakfast-blackpudding.jpg

anaconda
December 22nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Full English Breakfast

LOL....

that looks really really unhealthy!

mivo
December 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Full English Breakfast

Here in Germany we call this "lunch". ;)

royalt
December 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Milk, cornflakes/oatmeal with a Banana and some honey, the breakfast of champs! :)

beegary
December 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
Full English Breakfast
Potato WAFFLE???? In a full english?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
HASH BROWN
Yes

Linuxforall
December 22nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Well good as the English Breakfast is, guess no one has ever come across a proper Texas style steak and eggs breakfast.

http://www.texascafeteria.com/images/meals/bk_eggs_ribeye.jpg

crimesaucer
December 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Well good as the English Breakfast is, guess no one has ever come across a proper Texas style steak and eggs breakfast.

I'm a fan of the Steak and Egg breakfast.

In my other post I covered my favorites from a nice breakfast/brunch cafe, to what I usually eat at home when the only things I have in the fridge are eggs and milk, or what I like to eat if I'm out of the house and driving around early in the day or walking around in the city, but I forgot another favorite of mine..... the truck stop road warrior breakfast.

There's something about eating a Steak and Egg breakfast in some dinner along the interstate and washing it down with some truck stop coffee. It makes the whole experience of traveling across country complete. Just be sure to order the grits with it, and maybe a side order of biscuits and gravy.

alphaniner
December 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Full English Breakfast

<drool>

What exactly are the black patties though?

Mornedhel
December 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
<drool>

Black pudding. It's a blood sausage. I've never tasted the UK varieties, but boudin noir is definitely delicious (although not eaten for breakfast in France).

alphaniner
December 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Black pudding. It's a blood sausage. I've never tasted the UK varieties, but boudin noir is definitely delicious (although not eaten for breakfast in France).

That's what I thought, but in the picture it wasn't broken up in the beans like the description said, so I wasn't sure.

Georgia boy
December 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Dang it all Linuxforall!! Why did you and Swagman have to include those great looking pictures? I just get done eating a sandwich for lunch and look in the forums. Damn if my stomache didn't start growling at me and my mouth watering for what was in the pictures and both bad talking me for eating a sandwich instead of that.:lolflag:
Man, those pictures of food sure do look good.

Tom

lisati
December 22nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
At least a coffee, often toast, occasionally cornflakes, Weetbix or something of that nature.

Irihapeti
December 22nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Arrrrgghhh, I lost my way again! I can't distinguish Ubuntuforums from Twitter....

I need help.... :)

Or maybe my second cup of breakfast coffee. :)

The Real Dave
December 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Usually Rice Krispies and Coffee. Weekends, through in a few bread and jam sandwiches too :) Porridge with honey if its cold outside :)

The Real Dave
December 22nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
<drool>

Black Pudding :) Wikipedia Page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding)

Gorgeous stuff :)

Apologies for the double post :)

Lucretius
December 22nd, 2009, 11:27 PM
A bowl of Cereal with some figs, a yoghurt, some toast with marmalade and a cup of coffee.

You know what they say...

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.

speedwell68
December 22nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Full English...

2x Sausage
2x Bacon
1x Fried Egg
Black Pudding
Hogs Pudding
Fried Tomatoes
Hash Browns
Toast or Fried Bread, depending on my mood.

phillychease
December 22nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
Full English...

2x Sausage
2x Bacon
1x Fried Egg
Black Pudding
Hogs Pudding
Fried Tomatoes
Hash Browns
Toast or Fried Bread, depending on my mood.

yummmmmmmmm that sounds delicious...:lol:

lykwydchykyn
December 22nd, 2009, 11:45 PM
I like to make a sandwich with two eggs over easy, sliced tomato, and cheapo american cheese on sourdough toast. I call it the Arnold Toastenegger.

That plus a french press full of coffee is heaven.

Unfortunately it stands to send me straight to heaven, so most days I eat cheerios.

ElSlunko
December 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Ice Cream

crimesaucer
December 23rd, 2009, 12:18 AM
Arrrrgghhh, I lost my way again! I can't distinguish Ubuntuforums from Twitter....

I need help.... :)

Or maybe my second cup of breakfast coffee. :)

To be fair, Ubuntu Forums and the Community Cafe had been having these meaningless threads long before the world had ever heard about twitter.

speedwell68
December 23rd, 2009, 12:21 AM
yummmmmmmmm that sounds delicious...:lol:

It is, I had one this morning.:D The English do make the best breakfast in the world. I once was offered a full English by a Frenchman. It was a slice of cold ham with a fried egg on top.:lolflag:

jayze
December 23rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
Anything cooked by somebody else!:popcorn:

lisati
December 23rd, 2009, 12:44 AM
cigarette and coffee.

+1 :)

jayze
December 23rd, 2009, 12:52 AM
It is, I had one this morning.:D The English do make the best breakfast in the world. I once was offered a full English by a Frenchman. It was a slice of cold ham with a fried egg on top.:lolflag:
hell you should try the greek version lol!...and just for educative purposes an English breakfast is an Irish Breakfast minus the white pudding!...gosh I'm getting hungry lol!

Georgia boy
December 23rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
I've got to stop going into this thread. Everytime I come in here I leave mighty damn hungry!!!!! Good thing that it's almost time to leave from work. Think I'll have the wife cook some fried eggs to go with the rice and dried seaweed that she's fixing for dinner. Now look what you've done to me!

:lolflag:

Tom

markp1989
December 23rd, 2009, 11:18 PM
cup of coffee normaly .

somtimes depending what we had for dinner the night before i will have some of that cold for breakfast, thismorning i had cold pizza, monday i had a cold chicken fajita (wrap not sure if i spelled right) , 1 day last week i had cold chinese :)

scouser73
December 25th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Cup of tea and four slices of toast. http://foodmapper.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/touched-up-toast.jpg

murderslastcrow
December 25th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Yellow grits and eggs, with either bacon or sausage (or both), and sometimes some sliced tomato, and some pepper. That stuff is amazingly addictive, and a very hearty meal for a hard working man. XD

spoons
December 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Porridge Oats, with some sugar mixed in.

Lovely.

Blacklightbulb
December 25th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Whatever is leftover form the previous night. Pizza, macaroni, roast, soup, noodles...............anything really + a huge glass of freezing cold milk and 2 glasses of water.

NinjaNumberNine
December 25th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Ketchup on pancakes!! :)

(occasionally, very occasionally)

Actually I love western brunches: egg-n-a-holes, scrambled, fried and poached eggs (yah I like eggs a lot) toast, hot grits, breakfast sausage, Boudin, ((Pronounced Boo-Dan)a cajun sausage, It's a skin stuffed with rice and meat and spice, makes regular sausage taste like cardboard in comparison)

http://kenwheaton.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/boxoboudin.jpg
Also we have the thickest maple bacon you ever saw, REAL maple bacon, sweet as sugar and still the classic bacon taste.

Ahh, my mouth waters... we just finished Christmas dinner (in the South we call lunch dinner) an enormous stuffed turkey, rolls and rice (that's just dinner, wait'll ya hear about supper LOL).

Merry Christmas, and God bless!

NinjaNumberNine

NinjaNumberNine
December 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Cup of tea and four slices of toast. http://foodmapper.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/touched-up-toast.jpg
I love Ciabatta bread!

Raian the Fallen
December 25th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Ah, that's an easy one.

I LOVE breakfast burritos. Best breakfast food ever. If I don't have access, I usually eat cereal. Cinnamon Toast Crunch rules.

kellemes
December 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Muesli with milk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muesli).