PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kernel/Sound problems

djen9999
December 21st, 2009, 02:06 AM
I just found time to upgrade to Karmic from Jaunty and have encountered two problems which may or may not be related. I first noticed that I have no sound. In going through the various threads, I also discovered that I am using the wrong kernel. 2.6.28-15-generic is still listed instead of 2.6.30.XX. My Grub also shows that it's loading 2.6.28.

My sound card isn't recognized and fiddling with Pulse Audio or Alsa yields frustration but no sound.

Are these two problems related? If so, how do I go about fixing them?

Thanks for your help. I know I can always count on the forum's assistance.

djen9999
December 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
With no responses, I'm beginning to believe that my best course of action is a clean install. My live CD is at my office, I'll check to make sure I have audio on the live CD and take it from there.

bdd4bdd4
December 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
9.10 sound worked great for me for about 3 months after 8.04,8.10.9.10 upgrade. now after troubleshooting 9.10 no print from my canon mx850
printer i can't see video after a reinstall only get to console.

With no responses, I'm beginning to believe that my best course of action is a clean install. My live CD is at my office, I'll check to make sure I have audio on the live CD and take it from there.

djen9999
December 24th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Reinstalling did the trick! I did a fresh install and everything seems to be functioning as it should.