PDA

View Full Version : What to get a mother for christmas?

mamamia88
December 21st, 2009, 12:46 AM
she bought me something really good for christmas and i want to get her something really good but i don't have a huge budget. maybe $30 what would you get her?

mamamia88
December 21st, 2009, 12:52 AM
i know it's the last person i need to buy something for for christmas and i'm running out of time

Old_Grey_Wolf
December 21st, 2009, 01:26 AM
A music box. One that looks like a bird. It would help if you just told her you love her.

Example of the music box:

http://images02.olx.com/ui/1/09/31/5190831_1.jpg

chucky chuckaluck
December 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
a gift certificate to her favorite store (saving her from having to make a return).

Hwæt
December 21st, 2009, 02:07 AM
a gift certificate to her favorite store (saving her from having to make a return).

+1

I think that a Visa gift card would do very well.

Nothing truly says that you care about someone like something that you made yourself, though.

kernelhaxor
December 21st, 2009, 02:20 AM
a photo frame? may be with a picture of her and you?

whiskeylover
December 21st, 2009, 02:28 AM
I think that a Visa gift card would do very well.

Ugh! transaction fees on every transaction and monthly fees. Give an Amazon gift card instead.

BrokenKingpin
December 21st, 2009, 04:49 AM
I got my Mom one of those digital picture frames, which I am going to pre-load with pictures of the family. May be a bit out of your price range, but you never know.

orlox
December 21st, 2009, 05:05 AM

I've always though of gift certificates as a glorified way of giving money as a present...Only that you lose the ability to spend it anywhere...

Right now I'm the same predicament though...and as the day passes, it becomes increasingly stressing to go anywhere to buy something (I REALLY hate crowded places)...

RiceMonster
December 21st, 2009, 05:07 AM

Be careful, some people get annoyed by those because to them it means you couldn't be bothered to put any thought into the gift you're giving them.

Bölvaður
December 21st, 2009, 05:12 AM
A Boccelli album.
<added> even if he doesn't know timings and it has to be edited after recording..... man he's way off </added>

LowSky
December 21st, 2009, 05:27 AM
Give Cash if you Dont know, gift cards are today's version of Fruit cake. Gift card means you had no idea, but you think that INSERT STORE NAME HERE is a good choice for buying whatever amount you think the gift should have been. At least cash says " Here isINSERT NUMBER HERE dollar[s], buy whatever you like."

Personally I find getting something for them that they would never do but still in ther comfort zone is the best gifts you can give. Weekend stay at a Local bed and breakfast, maybe tickets to some event they might like, maybe paint the house or a just room like the kitchen, or maybe just ask them what they would really want or like from you.