PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Make all unfocussed windows transaparent.

hariks0
December 20th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Hello all,

My requirement is simple. I want to set all windows transparent except the one with focus so that I can see the rest of the desktop through all these windows.

Is it possible by Trailfocus effect of ccsm? I yes, what are the settings?

hariks0
December 21st, 2009, 07:58 AM
Can anybody help.

stinkeye
December 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM
Hello all,

My requirement is simple. I want to set all windows transparent except the one with focus so that I can see the rest of the desktop through all these windows.

Is it possible by Trailfocus effect of ccsm? I yes, what are the settings?

ccsm > accessibility > add helper

hariks0
December 21st, 2009, 04:18 PM
ccsm > accessibility > add helper

Than you. It did the trick. I set the opacity to 40.

karmila
July 28th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Than you. It did the trick. I set the opacity to 40.

It did the trick for me too.

hariks0
July 28th, 2010, 07:29 AM
But Now I am using opacity which is better by handling transparency rather than dimming the screen.

:popcorn:

karmila
July 28th, 2010, 07:36 AM
But Now I am using opacity which is better by handling transparency rather than dimming the screen.

:popcorn:

so, please tell me the trick :p

hariks0
July 28th, 2010, 07:44 AM
It will make all other windows transparent as you hover the mouse over each of them. If you did not set 'Auto rise' in the General settings of CCSM, it will not change focus but will enable you to view the contents of the window beneath. Also if you hover mouse over either panel, all windows will become transparent and you can see the desktop without minimising all windows.

:p

karmila
July 28th, 2010, 07:58 AM
It will make all other windows transparent as you hover the mouse over each of them. If you did not set 'Auto rise' in the General settings of CCSM, it will not change focus but will enable you to view the contents of the window beneath. Also if you hover mouse over either panel, all windows will become transparent and you can see the desktop without minimising all windows.

:p

i think i need learn more about window matching before i can do the trick. did i?

hariks0
July 28th, 2010, 08:05 AM
No. Just set the opacity/saturation/hue settings as per your requirement. One word of caution though : DO NOT set the transaparency to 100 % on the Active Window by mistake, you may not be able to change it to anything later as it will not be visible at all. :)

karmila
July 28th, 2010, 08:37 AM
No. Just set the opacity/saturation/hue settings as per your requirement. One word of caution though : DO NOT set the transaparency to 100 % on the Active Window by mistake, you may not be able to change it to anything later as it will not be visible at all. :)

oh, it was my fault being so lazy :(

it's work! :D