PDA

View Full Version : Request to be unbanned

imaiden
December 20th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I know I was banned under mjp29

I would like to request be be unbanned. I would like to be given a 2nd chance. I promise that I will not post any more controversial posts. I will only use the forums to help myself with Ubuntu problems or to help others with Ubuntu problems. I would like to reinstate myself. Please give me a 2nd chance under my initial username which has my real name embedded in it.

I would prefer to use the forums here under my initial name instead of keep coming back here and tricking the system into thinking I'm someone I'm not.

thanks for your consideration for giving me a 2nd chance.

RiceMonster
December 20th, 2009, 03:20 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123

GregBrannon
December 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM
What did you do? (In acceptable terms.) Do you realize that it was wrong or at least in violation of acceptable use practices? Did you apologize?

I doubt that mjp29 was banned for making a controversial post. Many users make controversial posts and are still around.

I don't have a vote, but if I did, I would want to know that mjp29:

1. knows that what was done was wrong and why
2. apologizes to ALL those who might have been wronged, personally if possible
3. agrees that another violation will result in action as prescribed by the community rules
4. volunteers to support the community for some length of time

Good luck!

The Real Dave
December 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hmmm, there was a very similar thread by a guy with a very similar name not so long ago...... ;)

The Toxic Mite
December 20th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hmmm, there was a very similar thread by a guy with a very similar name not so long ago...... ;)

This.

Resolution Centre in 3... 2... 1... ...

Gtklocker
December 20th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Lol, all now, want to be unbanned :D

overdrank
December 20th, 2009, 03:59 PM
You can use the ForumCouncilAgenda (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumCouncilAgenda) Thread closed