PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] (initranfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

patelnehal4u
December 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

I received Ubuntu 9.10 someday before, now i am trying to install it. I inserted CD in my DVD drive and reboot my computer. It shows me installation menu, i select English and then select Install Ubuntu. After some time it shows me the black screen and a white logo of ununtu which is disappeared after some time and my screen is totally blank. After waiting some time i hit Enter and it shows me following error message.

(initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system.I have Pentium 4 with 1GB RAM and 80 GB Hard Disk.

Then I tried to check disk menu and its also perform same as when i select Install Ubuntu, blank screen and after hitting enter it shows me same message.

I also check memory check test and my passed it.

Is there any problem with my CD or computer?? I got CD from the Ubuntu in mail. Please if any one go through this problem help me out. Thanks in advance.

tachuela
December 20th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Get Gparted Live CD, burn as an ISO to a CD-r, boot from it, delete everything in your drive, format ext4.
Then try again

tachuela
December 20th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Get a new ISO, do md5sum, try again

patelnehal4u
December 21st, 2009, 06:12 PM
But what the problem with my ubuntu 9.10 CD which i got in mail?? Why it is giving me error like this??

dino.nettis
May 3rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

I get the same error with a working cd, so probably the problem is the cd drive.
Therefore I solved it by using an external cd drive and now the installation it's going on.
Hope it's useful to somebody.

dino