PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to uninstall the kde desktop? and some fonts question

frantzsong
December 20th, 2009, 04:03 AM
i had installed the kde desktop, and my ubuntu is 9.10.
我已经安装了KDE桌面,我的Ubuntu系统版本是9.10

now my start logo is kubuntu,and soon it turn GNOME .
现在我的开机logo是KUBUNTU的,然后迅速的变成gnome的界面

i wont uninstall the KDE desktop ,but i don't know how
我想卸载KDE 桌面,我不知道怎么办。

also have a question is about the fonts. i had use the Hiragino San GB as the system fonts,BUT there still some software fonts not use it,like Synaptic Package Manager.
我仍然有一个问题是关于字体的。我已经使用Hiragino San GB作为我的系统使用的字体,但是仍然有一些软件的字体不使用那个字体。比如新立得软件包管理器。

then gave you some Screenshot.

3Miro
December 20th, 2009, 04:18 AM
To uninstall kubuntu-desktop, go to Syneptic-Package-Manager and search for KDE, then all then tell it to uninstall all the selected packages (if it is green, click on it and select uninstall or purge).

For the system fonts, you changed the fonts so that all applications under your username would run with your fonts, however, Synapti runs as root (i.e. not you). You need to open Terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and then type

gksudo gnome-appearance-properties
Then you can change the fonts for Synaptic and all applications that run under root.

frantzsong
December 20th, 2009, 04:32 AM
To uninstall kubuntu-desktop, go to Syneptic-Package-Manager and search for KDE, then all then tell it to uninstall all the selected packages (if it is green, click on it and select uninstall or purge).

For the system fonts, you changed the fonts so that all applications under your username would run with your fonts, however, Synapti runs as root (i.e. not you). You need to open Terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and then type

gksudo gnome-appearance-propertiesThen you can change the fonts for Synaptic and all applications that run under root.
(gnome-appearance-properties:5880): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_display_sync: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

(gnome-appearance-properties:5881): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

i can open it and change it
but there is 2 failed
why?

3Miro
December 20th, 2009, 05:34 AM
(gnome-appearance-properties:5880): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_display_sync: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

(gnome-appearance-properties:5881): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

i can open it and change it
but there is 2 failed
why?

I don't know. It works for me and I don't know enough to figure out the errors.

You can try to reboot (restart) and then try the command again.

If this doesn't work, then try to copy paste the message in Google to see if someone knows what the problem is.

frantzsong
December 20th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I don't know. It works for me and I don't know enough to figure out the errors.

You can try to reboot (restart) and then try the command again.

If this doesn't work, then try to copy paste the message in Google to see if someone knows what the problem is.
uh..

i uninstall all the kde software

and now i cant login into my desktop

there is black screen with little text like

ubuntu 9.10 song-desktop tty2
song-desktop login:

:(