PDA

View Full Version : How do I re-install?

cheesefry
December 20th, 2009, 03:22 AM
How do I re-install this application?? I am having very difficult times with my install and cannot seem to re-install using the same method as before. I have a clean burn of UNR, What do I do?

hansdown
December 20th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hi cheesefry.

Just to clarify, what netbook are you using, and which version of NRM are you trying to install?

cheesefry
December 20th, 2009, 06:40 PM
It's a gateway LT20 model (I think the same as Acer AOD250). I installed UNR 2.6.31-14. I did a full install wiping everything else out. I hope I did the right thing by doing so. I just need to know how to either re-install, or install another distro. I think I can boot from my USB optical drive if necessary, but I tried with puppy linux last night and it did nothing at all. Very confused. Thanks for your help.

hansdown
December 20th, 2009, 06:58 PM
You should be able to reinstall the same as the first time.

If you need help with the first install, we can do that also.

If you would like the regular ubuntu, 9.04 works well on the intel atom processor.

cheesefry
December 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I read somewhere that the 9.04 was a headache on the acer models with fan issues, still with the wireless, etc... I was hoping this one would be less of a headache. No worries, I am going to keep trying. Something has to give. Thanks for the help.