PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 install start after boot issue.

Hackit
December 20th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Ok I'll explain what I've been experiencing the best i can.

I was running 9.4 64bit ok and no issue's.

I messed up my linux partition and decided to do a fresh install.
I downloaded the 9.10 64 bit version and am unable to load the live version or install, it hangs at the same place everytime. this is the line it stops at;
--------------------------------------------------------------
[6334337] sr 4:0:0:0: attached scsi generic sg4 type 5

So i figured i had a bad image, I have tried to install from from 3 different disk's, i downloaded one from canada, one from the US and one from Australia.

So i treid to install 9.10 32bit, everything went fine no issue's.

Ok so I now now my rig does not want to install the newest 64 bit version.

So i had an old ubuntu 8.04 64bit version lying around and installed that and figured i would just upgrade until i was at 9.10.

Everything was going as planned, until i was at version 9.04 all was great, then i opened update manager and like before selected to upgrade to 9.10 and after it restarted, the computer hangs at this line;
This is the same place as before.

Ok i have two computers connected to a dvi kvm and have never had an issue, one computer is windows and the other is ubuntu.

The reason i bring this up is if i unplug the keyboard and mouse from the kvm, the Linux install continues and has an error about logitech usb controller.

So removed the system from the kvm and connected a monitor strat to the computer and still the setup hags at this line.
----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if anyone has had this issue, if some else has please let me know.

P.S. I can type in that window when it hangs, but other than the alphabet, keystrokes run funny commands.