PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu P1610 install hangs at blinking cursor

nsfx
December 20th, 2009, 12:45 AM
My bootable Karmic Koala USB key hangs at a blinking cursor. The LED on the key is blinking rapidly as it does when it's being read from, but I let the thing run over night (12+ hours) and the activity LED is still blinking and I'm still at a black screen with a blinking cursor. I tried the second USB port on the netbook with the same results. Upgrading the BIOS also didn't help. I don't have another key presently to test, but that is my next step. In the mean time, any suggestions from the community? Thanks.

nsfx
December 21st, 2009, 02:50 AM
For anyone interested, I side-stepped the problem by doing a PXE install.

jondoe
December 24th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I guss it has to be the usb, I installed karmic recently with out any problem

Did you find a way to get the touch-screen rotaion working
I got it working partially, but not 180 degree rotation

KsLIVER
September 13th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Old post i know...

But in your question about the rotation, I found this article in my travels while I was trying to get my touchscreen to work. I got the button to work and rotate properly, but I'm still trying to get the touch part to work... :).

http://liliputer.blogspot.com/2010/08/p1510d-ubuntu-1004-better-ipad.html

Hope that helps (or anyone else that has come accross here).

taylorjonl
March 19th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I was having the same issues with getting my USB key to boot, it would just hang at a blinking cursor. I used the Universal USB Installer from the Ubuntu site on my Windows 7 box. To fix my issue I opened a command prompt as admin then:

diskpart
list disk
select disk <disk#>
list partition
select partition <partition#>
active
exit

After this my Dell Mini 11 booted fine and I am installing as I write this.

taylorjonl
March 19th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Just an update, if you are using the instructions from the Ubuntu download page that call for using the universal installer, make sure you choose the netbook labeled ISO, I chose the plain 10.10 label and it wouldn't install correctly, finally was going to go to 10.04 and try it out when I noticed the netbook label. So I retried the 10.10 after rebuilding with that option and it worked without a hitch.

treblemaker48
March 19th, 2011, 07:06 AM
this sound similar to the problem I am having. I installed Mavericks to an old HP laptop from a disc I burned. My screen is not black though. I can move the cursor around but there is nothing to click on. The keyboard has no effect either. If I restart by forcing a shut down... hold off key, I get the same thing. I am ignorant about what to do next. Any help please.