PDA

View Full Version : UN's Game, what do you think

ubuntu27
February 25th, 2006, 04:45 AM
da la! UN created a game targeted at children~teens !! ><;

I haven't try it yet, but it seem to have a positive impression to plp so far...

Here is the Official Website of the game that I am talkibg about: http://www.food-force.com/

FOOD FORCE :d

Now, I want you, we all to discuss about this game, does it have a positive influence to us (specialy children), do you think it is safe? (maube it has hidden spyware or rootkit)....

mostwanted
February 25th, 2006, 10:53 AM
No Linux version...

ubuntu27
February 25th, 2006, 07:52 PM
No Linux version...

Yeah, I know ><; haha.

But, most of us dual-boot, don't we? :P

nobodysbusiness
February 25th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I don't double-boot, so I had to download the Mac version onto my wife's powerbook. The game took about a half an hour to play, and was tolerably well done, for a free game. I would never PAY for a game like that, but I did learn a lot about how the UN operates. I'm sure teachers will have a use for it in their classrooms, but they could have done so much more. If I were to make a free game to promote the UN, I would do something more like SimCity, only with a tiny, poverty stricken villiage instead. That would actually be fun to play over and over again, rather than just being a group of unconnected mini-games. I think it would help to promote the UN a lot more to have a game which is both FUN and educational rather than just the latter. Still, good for them for trying. It's no America's Army, but it's a start.

briancurtin
February 25th, 2006, 08:09 PM
But, most of us dual-boot, don't we? :P
id say a majority doesnt dual boot

the name of this game reminded me that its 2:08 and i didnt eat lunch yet. time to start my own food-force

commodore
February 25th, 2006, 08:37 PM
This is some school game? And they don't have Linux version? For a school game? No Linux version?

Master Shake
February 25th, 2006, 08:39 PM
I would never PAY for a game like that, but I did learn a lot about how the UN operates.

***must resist comments***

YourSurrogateGod
February 25th, 2006, 08:49 PM
It's nice to see that the UN is spending money on making games in order to entertain people in first and second world countries while parts of Africa are starving as we speak.