PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with installing programmes

christopher.mountford
December 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I have recently run into a problem with installing software to my computer, recently i had to wipe my computer due to a duel boot partitioning problem so i decided to just install Ubuntu and forget about XP but ever since i re-installed Ubuntu on a clean system it has been refusing to allow me to install from the software centre and synaptics manager, every time i try to install a new programme it only gets up to 3% then pops up with a "package dependencies could not be resolved" message. anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? any help would be greatly appreciated

lloyd_b
December 19th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I have recently run into a problem with installing software to my computer, recently i had to wipe my computer due to a duel boot partitioning problem so i decided to just install Ubuntu and forget about XP but ever since i re-installed Ubuntu on a clean system it has been refusing to allow me to install from the software centre and synaptics manager, every time i try to install a new programme it only gets up to 3% then pops up with a "package dependencies could not be resolved" message. anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? any help would be greatly appreciated

Try opening a terminal window, and running "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade". This may resolve the problem, and if it doesn't it should provide some helpful information as to exactly *what* dependency is causing the problems.

Lloyd B.

christopher.mountford
December 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
Cant say its worked, but thanks for the help anyway.

christopher.mountford
December 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry I take that back it appears it has worked after all ^^ thank you very much I really appreciate the help.