PDA

View Full Version : CanarGo sms service

ejlal
December 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
hey guys
i have been using CanarGo in windows and i used to send sms from the connection manager window>menu>sms, now am using Ubuntu and i noticed this option is missing in c-motech,is there any way i can have it back?
my internet connection is limited so the connection history was a very useful for me.. connection manager>menu>connection history,so any ideas?
should i bother writing to guys @canar.sd?
thanks

zero-n
December 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I think you should contact them.

ejlal
December 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I think you should contact them.
i will contact them inshaallah

ejlal
December 22nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
salam
have any of you tried to install canargo using wine? i tried it but wine couldn't get it to work..
here what i did...in a terminal

cd /media/CanarGo
ls
wine Setup.exe

the set up wizard will show and every thing will work as it should... until it stops in the middle :confused:and refuses to continue and if u browse to c:/Program Files/CanarGo/CanarGo you will not find the setup.exe which i think means its not installed correctly
any ideas?

bye...m3 alsalama:)

mhmdfoss
December 24th, 2009, 12:52 PM
i think canar goo need real window environment to worl
wine is just compatibility layer more effective in games than other apps

try to use virtual machine at least you dont need to reboot your system to inter windos:P

ejlal
December 25th, 2009, 01:19 PM
i think canar goo need real window environment to worl
wine is just compatibility layer more effective in games than other apps

try to use virtual machine at least you dont need to reboot your system to inter windos:P

i liked the virtual machine idea..never thought of it..thanks mhmdfoss!
i hope it wont be too challenging bcoz am using a netbook laptop i dont have cdrom drive on it and i dont have a windows cd...but will google it and check the possibilities.

mhmdfoss
December 26th, 2009, 11:03 AM
if you do this and find it effictive inform us

keep in touch